Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
rundrave

Shore fishing metro, need help with weeds, spots etc

rundrave

Well I am one of the unfortunate, No boat, so limited to shore fishing. Beginning to get frustrated. New to the metro, and was having no problems in earlier parts of the season, but now that alot of the weeds have grown out, I cant seem to fish anywhere without having to clean my line after every cast.
I tried fishing Lotus, Lake of the Isles and some others, and it almost seems impossible to catch fish from shore.
Does anyone have any tips for shore fishing?

Any tips for fishing milfoil?

Any recomendations for some spots on lakes/rivers that would provide some fish, and arent taken over by weeds etc.

I am up for anything just want to catch some decent sized fish. Thanx all

catchin'whopper

Lake Johanna in Roseville is has decent shore fishing, there is a swim beach on the norht shore or the college campus on the south shore to go after. This is one of the few metro lakes i can think of that has stayed relatively clear of weed problems over the past 10 years.

Otherwise, how about tie a texas rigged worm on and just pitch to the pockets? get a lot of bass that way.