• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Upper Red Lake Mayhem - NOW

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hot Bite Fishing presents

Upper Red Lake Slabs-Monster Pike-Walleye
by FishingMN Pro Staff:
Diane & Mike Zellmer - Drake Motel - Blackduck MN.

Watch as huge Red Lake slab after slab come in. A plastics only bite as well to be discovered. 15+ pound pike come in and plenty of walleyes that think they are crappies. Watch as young Kyle literally hammers everything before they can get to his parents rods.
This video is a current Hot Bite Fishing opportunity and was taken this past Friday on Upper Red Lake just north of Blackduck MN.

UPPER RED LAKE MAYHEM - Hudec's Resort - 256k High Speed - CLICK HERE
We recommend you Right Click on the 256k link and "Save Target As" to download to your PC. Then play it right off your PC. The 256k is a bigger picture with better sound.

Click this link for slow speed telephone connections.

We now have added downloadable QuickTime movies!
Click here for QuickTime
If you do not have QuickTime you can download it at this link.
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/products/qt/

Your Fishing Minnesota Hot Bite Fishing segment from Waskish MN will show you that all you need to catch pike, crappies and inadvertant walleyes are jigs and plastics. Specifics will be given in the clip.

Dynamite information that can help you improve your fishing, not to mention a lot of fun to watch.

FishingMinnesota.com will be posting Hot Bite Fishing ™ on a consistent basis. Look for new video features each week.

To inquire about advertising on our Hot Bite Fishing video segments please contact
Rick Paquin - [email protected] or
Pete Riola - [email protected]

Please, let us know what you think of this video right here?

Thanks for your participation.

Your comments below are very much appreciated smile.gif

I just got done watching the video and thought you did a good job with it. Seeing those fish got my blood pumpin for this weekend. Hopefully the weather holds up and everyone can enjoy some good fishing. Keep up the good work. smile.gif

Corey Bechtold

Awesome footage!!! For those of you that haven't met Darin yet, you're missing out. What a great guy. The clip is even better after having fished with Darin!!

I really liked the "snapshot" feature! Real cool! I enjoyed watching the Drake crew enjoying themselves!! They are usually so tied up pleasing customers, It's nice to see them get out on the water!!

Could have been a tad closer at times, but nice over all!

Jim W

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 06-11-2004).]

Wow!!

Thanks folks!

Yah we had a great time!

I was a bit nervous, I expected that pike to either snap or bite me off any second. Its always a rush catching big fish on light tackle. A technique I have used for years has always been backreeling...at least till I could adjust the drag! Its help me land many big fish on light line when taken by suprise.

Look for only more good things to come!

DAR

Cool Video Rick.

I especially like the cameraman in the rental boat fighting a big pike without a landing net. Sounds like a situation I would get myself into! wink.gif

Rick (LB)~Just finished watching the video and thought it turned out great! Kyle got a kick out of it too! What a great day on the water that was, lots of slab crappies, some nice pike, beautiful walleye caught and released ranging in size from 12" to Kyle's 24"er and the sheephead were biting like crazy too. I think Darin is now hooked on Upper Red Lake after that day!

What a perfect day out on the open water, limits of slabs were caught by all our folks here so the cleaning room was busy and we added several photos to our Guest Photos section of our site, and to top the day off..a big fish fry!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

I think the videos are good......I think they would be even better with me in them though! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Good Work

That northern was a monster pushing 20 lbs, even though I told BigDar it was 15 lbs (he's been whining about that). There was no way I was going to miss getting this on tape for all of you to see. So forget the net... I'm saying to myself..I'm getting good footage here!!!!

Watch as BigDar panics, telling me over and over to get the net. Of course I'm not budging to net that monster just yet. Like I said, there's footage in that bruiser pike yet!

When I did finally one hand net it that pike did not fit into the net and it was a big net. You didn't see it, but Darin was in sheer panic stage while I was netting that big girl. He really was because it was his Biggest Pike ever!!!

I think BigDar now respects my netting skills. As soon as you see the camera leave that swimming pike I netted it a thrashing monster pike one handed. Sorry BigDar for the heart attack. smile.gif

Oh, and did I tell you he caught it on a Berkley Powerbait 3" Minnow Chart/shad?

Does anyone else think BigDar is proud of his biggest pike ever? He sure seems to want to make sure I have it recorded well for posterity smile.gif

Fish like that brings out the kid in all of us grin.gif

What do YOU think? Do you like the videos?

Should we keep producing them for you?

We need YOUR input!

Please, let us know what you think. smile.gif

I suggest another format.. perhaps MPEG. Since us Mac users cannot view MWV files.

Hey slyster,
our producer is a dedicated Mac guy, that's why we have the QuickTime format for you.