• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

White Bear Lake Reports.

Anyone have any recent White Bear Lake reports? I am going out next week with a buddy and have never fished this lake. If anyone is willing to share any decent areas (not necessarily Hot Spots) it would be greatly appreciated.

We will be going out after work so we will probably fish crappies early and try to locate some walleyes later in the evening.

Thanks in advance for the info.

I was out last sunday and had marginal luck. My bro and I fished around ordway bar 5-15fow. Caught a couple of crappies using fatheads and lindys/bare hook.

Fished the 'sunken island' along the north-side of that same bay and caught a few snakes. Bobber fished there at dusk with jigs and caught a couple of smaller walleyes.

Good luck!
Phalen

If your fishing after dark, try trolling some raps (floaters, countdowns, shallow shad) in the shallows. The windy sides are a good place to start. Don't be afraid to troll above or in some weedier areas.

Bump....

Any more info would be appreciated. Going out this Thursday after work.

I did here there are some BIG sunnies coming out of there right now.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you will catch anything in White Bear Lake. You may have to sell your boat to me for 50 bucks. I wish you the best of luck floating around the lake!!

------------------
Get the Net!!

You mean kind of like you fishing in the boundary waters???? Tee hee.

Sorry man, my boats not for sale.

hey Beef.. email me at pete.2 @ slyster . com

I got something for you.

Luckbites - Don't you have anything better to do that troll with the raps?

Well, was on WBL last nite and it was average. A few snakes, a few eater Sunnies (put em back though) a bunch of 1 lb bass, a 14" Walleye within 10 minutes of getting on the water(put him back).

Wasn't great but caught fish. Beautiful nite to be out.

BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT BOAT LAUNCH!!!!!

I watched 4x4 trucks get stuck trying to pull out their boats. I waited for an hour for 3 boats to pull out. And who in the he!! is going to put a curb in the middle of a sand launch. Just plain stupid.

PS. I had a van and had no problems getting out. Just did it the smart way.

Sly, thanks for the info. It did help a bit. The spots we caught most of the fish I had marked on my Lakemaster Software and GPS and what you sent me confirmed what I had marked. We caught fish there.

Last time I was there, between the trailer sinking into the sand, and the big heave in the ramp, and the steep nature of it already, I almost needed 4-low to get the boat back out.

Whew! It can be a doozy.

If I had 2 wheel drive, I would probably still be there, tires smoked down to the steel belts. grin.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Was there last night with ebass for the first time. It wasn't to bad , we caught about 6 fish in a couple of hours, mostly on top waters. Man is that lake clear as water or what!! Are there any tips anyone can give to catching bigger bass any help would be great!!
They certainly have to do something about that launch. If you have a somewhat heavy boat you better have a 4x4. If I didn't have it I probably would still be there. Saw a guy out there last night in a brand new f350 w/duallys get stuck with his back wheels buried. We tried to help but nobody had a tow rope.

Good Fishin'...

I used to fish with spinnerbaits along the cattail beds and did pretty good for bigger sized bass. Did hook into one that would go near 5-6 pounds, had him on for a while until he broke the line. Dock fishing was also pretty good when the sun was out.

What landing are you guys talking about, or is there only one landing?

they are talking about ramsey beach launch on hwy. 96
I went out for a few hours this afternoon pike were hitting well in 10-11 feet,hitting on lindy rigs with small shiners,caught about 40-50 northerns between noon and 7 pm .ordway point was the main spot, also hit a bunch on the south shore from the point into mahotemedi bay

I have a couple of pics of the 3 I kept but do not know how to publish....anyone help?

%7Boption%7Dhttp://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d839b3127cceb0c44b9810ae0000001010%7Boption%7D
47b4d839b3127cceb0c44826d1b90000001010

Those are some healthy looking northerns. Sounds like you had a great day! Must be nice to fish during the week. I am very jealous of that. Catch any muskies on this pattern?

No didnt see any skis but most of the pike were pretty good size I just wish i had the kids with me...

BIG bass - try deeper water. I have caught many 3-5 pound bass fishing in 20 - 30 feet of water fishing for walleyes.

Report: 2 nights ago I was out on White Bear Lake fishing with a buddy and we were flipping jigs with Berkley Gulps into the docks along the Birchwood shore fishing for bass - we caught our share of 10 - 12" bass when I set the hook on a fish that definitely was NOT a small bass. It was around 9:15 and it was starting to get dark. The line was flying off my reel and the fish went completely under the boat and jumped on the other side. Neither me or my buddy saw the fish jump, but we both heard the big splash...a couple minutes later my buddy netted my 33" Northern! I've always known there are bigger Northerns in WBL but usually only catch the pound and a halfers the lake is noted for. Great fight...a lot of fun to catch. There were two 10 year old (or so) girls sitting on the end of the dock where I caught the fish and both ran to shore scared when the saw me hold up the fish. I also caught a 17 1/2" smallie in the Birchwood area. Not a bad night on my favorite lake!

Beef... email me the spots where you had the greatest success on my map I sent you! Tx.. glad you had a good day! pete . 2 @ slyster . com

rtwills was that a average day for u? what was your biggest?

Went out this afternoon in my float tube (1st time), threw some leechs with a red hook up toward docks and water trampolines.. Caught about 10 bass, 1 northern and a bunch of small sunnies.. The sunnies would actaully bite on the bare red hook with no bait.. Biggest bass was pushing 4 pounds..

Those are some beautiful fish. Caught them on minnows in 11-12 feet of water? I knew the larger ones were a little deeper than the smaller one's I've been catch elsewhere. Just makes me wish more and more that I had a boat.

Theres a good number of bluegills and other sunfish, perch, rockbass in White bear. I was out there last week and nearly limted out in less than 2 hrs (16 around 7-9" each) When I stopped and tried with a larger leech for Bass. Picked up a few more of the larger gills, perch, and rockbass this way.

I got a few decent Largemouths around 15" when I was fishing for sunnies (all released) and lost one that had to be around 5lbs (saw it jump about three times, looked like a football rising out of the water) that made it feel like the lil ultralight rod was going to get ripped from my hand.

White Bear lake is one of the cleanest lakes in the metro water quality wise, suprising as it may seem. The bluegills made a great fish'n'chips dinner for me and a couple of friends, and cooked up a lot flakier than a lot of metro lakes (Bald Eagle included). So yes, there are quite a few fish in White Bear. And this was only my first time out this year as well.

[This message has been edited by Crawlerman (edited 06-20-2004).]

Minnesota Fisherman: "Tell me again why I have to fly to Canada to catch big pike."

Fisheries Biologist: "Anglers in Minnesota have it backwards. They throw back the small ones and keep the big ones. Minnesota would have bigger pike if anglers released big pike and kept more small ones to eat."

So the conservation campaign continues...