• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FM Get Together-Medicine Lake

Well, as of now its in its preliminary stages. But so far I'm thinking of having the get together on the weekend of July 10th. Fishing on Medicine peaks early/mid July so this would be the best time. But what I'd like to see is some ideas from you fellow FMers. All questions, suggestions, and queries are welcome! If you want to contact me in a more personal setting. My email is Melor1917 at yahoo dot com.

Med Man,

I'd like to get together for an outing on Medicine, but I don't have a boat. If someone has an extra seat that weekend and would allow me to tag along, let me know.

Thanks.

Count me in. You planning on using French Park as the place to meet?

Smallie tourney on the Mississippi...

I want to see how the heck you get these Aqua Vu images transferred into still pics.

This might work.... I might be in town that weekend. Let you know the week before.

Kegger at Joe's afterwards....hehe? cool.gif

I was thinking that West Medicine Lake Park would be a good meetin place. There's lots of places to beach you're boat. They've got fishing docks, picnic tables, bbq grills, a nice play ground if you have kids. This park has pretty much everything. I'm thinking that we should have a meeting time. Moby and I would get out on the lake around 5:30am. But I'm sure that most of you wouldn't be getting out there that early. I'm thinking that we could meet at the park around 10 or something?

I'd love to join in the fun... I think that date works for me even.

BLB, my Aqua-Vu knowledge is top secret. I can tell you how I do it, but then I'd have to kill you. grin.gif

Oh great, now he has to kill all of us since he told us over in the Medicine Lake Thread.........I guess I better go fishing while I can.

This sounds awesome, but I think I will be fishing in Canada that weekend. I can't say I am sad about it because, well... I'll be in CANADA, but I am bumbed that I won't get to meet all you guys. Have a blast and catch some lunkers!!

Sounds like a blast MedMan, but I'll be up on LOW during that time.

This is a great chance to learn a lot about Medicine Lake, as well as catch some fish. MedicineMan knows his stuff about the lake and the other fishermen joining him are top-notch! If you are looking to have a lot of fun and get in on some action than this is the event for you!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Thanks a lot Matt, too bad you're going to be gone doing that time. But I'm sure you'll have a blast up at LOW.

It sure would be fun to get together especially with the resident expertise. Unfortunately I will also be in the LOW area.
Matt I sure hope you pound them and get some great pics from LOW.

------------------
I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!

Brian Rogers

JR's Tackle
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait

Like you said med man we'll probably be there earier than most. Due to a wife that doesn't fish and the amount of recreational traffic, 10-11am is generally around the time I get the heck off the lake. We'll see what happens.

Sounds like a great time! Juan Grande, You came to the shop last winter if I remember right. You seem like a good dude and for that reason I would let you use my duckboat if you wanted.

Autumn Hunt,what are you even blabbering about now....why I oughta !

Lakeman

Joe,

Thanks for the offer, I might have to take you up on that. You're right, I stopped in to buy some bait last winter.

I plan on getting a boat next spring and will probably fish Medicine quite a bit since I work in Maple Grove and live in Rogers. Medicine is pretty close by so I'll be sending some business your way.

Thanks for the offer on the boat. I'll let you know.

Lakeman,
You must be busy around there, I was just waiting for a responce! I thought you would get a kick out of the idea, great idea, don't you think??? J/K grin.gif

"Margaritaville on the Docks"

I would like to go to meet a few FM'ers, but I may be fishing Cass Lake that weekend. we'll see, anythings possible.

See you around 4:45 on my way to Tonka,

AH

I believe that I can make this too.

Speaking of Medicine. I was there last night with my good friend Lance. The wind was tough for my jon boat but we found some place out a the wind that made it somewhat possible.

I fished a spinnerbait most of the time. I got two nice 15-16" bass and missed a pike and some other short strikes (No trailer hook though. Lance was switching baits and found that a fluke was good for a bit. Then that died all of a sudden. His big bass was 17.5" and he got 1 about 15" and baby. We got some in the pads and some on the edge and 1 away from the pads. Kinda here and there.

Total bass = 6 in about 2.5 - 3 hours.

[This message has been edited by EBass (edited 06-10-2004).]

Sounds great. I would love to put a face to all these post I've been reading . I've been working so much I wounder if I remember what a fish looks like ?!?!?!

Come on Ebass, you're boat could've easily handled that wind. wink.gif

Anything after the July 4th weekend should work for me as long as it's a Friday or Sunday. I have yet to make it out there.

Autumn, I don't think Joe would enjoy having a bunch of drunkin' roudy fisherman running around his place. But that would be fun to see though. grin.gif

[This message has been edited by MedicineMan (edited 06-11-2004).]

Nothing is written in stone as of now. I'll lay everything down when I get back from vaction on the 25th. I don't know if I wanna have a get together out ther on saturday or both saturday and sunday. I am leaning more towards having it both days. I'm usually out there both days anyways so its not going to kill me. grin.gif

I would certainly attend but we are going to a family reunion in Vail, CO that week (Leave Fri)... rats.. but of course.. Vail is fun! Summer vail is amazing. No lakes however! smile.gif

Once you have plans finalized, this looks like it might be the first FM gathering I can attend smile.gif Haven't fished Med yet, but I work nearby so I keep meaning to. Look forward to meeting some of these faceless names and having some good fishing too!

-r-

Well if I am not working or in north dakota fishin you will see me there on that weekend. I have made it to the event up in ely the past two winters so i would like to try to make it to the one here. Medecine is always good for a couple 5lb bass so it should be fun.
><>deadeye

Med Man,

Would love to, but I believe I am booked somewhere else (either guiding or a family requirement). You are right about the July bite on Medicine....

------------------
God bless,
Judd Yaeger
Yaeger Guides
(Twin Cities Guides)
www.yaegerweb.com/guide