• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Plan B (Crooked Lake)

huskiesplayer15

Went out today at 5 to 5 this morning, wanted to be the first on the dock and I was by about an hour, had four nice bass on a terminator buzz bait. Switched over to start catching the crappies and they really were hitting, southern pro tubes again were the ticket, either in a brown/crawler color, or using a dark blue speckle with black teasers. I did trim up the tube from 1.5 to about an inch, got more bites without them hanging on the tails, using a 1/64 oz two tone jig head in orange in pink made by freshwater tackle. Other guys were catching some 13 to 15 inch bass trying for northerns and walleyes with fathead minnows. one little dink walleye was caught around 13 inches, called it a day around 8 am just before everyone started to show up.

Best Fishes
Chris

Great report Chris! Maybe one of these days I'll hafta force myself to get up early and meet you up there.

MJ:
No I didnt, we thought we had the problem fixed with our lund, went out to linwood to try it out but after about five minutes at full throttle the rpms dropped out and the engine started to miss, so it has another check up with Rapid sport marine. How was LETS this weekend MJ?

LOST And Everyone else:
We can definatly meet up there sometime, I only have a half day of school left then I have football camp but early morning would work great for me.

Best Fishes
Chris

We finished in 6th place with about 32.5 pounds. ChuckN cleaned house with 62 pounds off fish! Next closest was somewhere in the upper 40's. We found the bass, caught about 20 yesterday. We also pounded the panfish, bringing in a limit that weighed about 15 pounds the first day! I'll post some pictures once I get them. A lot of fun, some big slabs!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle