Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
matix10

A big one

matix10

This morning me and some friends decided to take my boat and do a little fishing. We decided on a lake and got the boat in the water at about 8:30 The lake we were fishing supposedly had some good bass action so we decided to hit the banks and start casting away. I was using an 4 1/2" Sluggo. The bass starting biting right away. within the first hour we landed about 15 bass the biggest being 18". As i was tossing and jerking my sluggo next to some offshore bullrushes i felt a strike so i set the hook hard. Whatever had bitten did not move all of sudden a few head shakes. Well lets just say i thought i had caught a state record bass for a second untill i saw a monster muskie surface and them as quick as it came up it was gone. it started taking line by the second, i had my friend follow this big guy around with my electric for a good 10 minutes. finnally after about 15 minutes i got him to the boat and with a great net job from my friend had the fish in the boat. After weighing and measuring him the unofficial totals were 23lbs. 44". Oh i forgot that was the first musky i have ever caught (im from ND just moved here 3 years age) And i was using 6lb test mono. Good fishing everyone. I would like to post the pic but dont know how.

matix10

Hey paul I just have the photos. I did not have my digital camera. Could I Fax you the picture?

moby1

That is great. I had the same type of experience (see the eagle lake post) on sunday morning. Mine weren't as big but I was fishing panfish and caught 3 skies up to 39". Most unfortunately I was alone with no camera. Congrats!!!!! Do you have the fever !!!?!!