• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

impoverished northern

Soo yeah im new here. I thought id do my first post showing the skinnny northern I caught on Sunday at Lake Johanna. This was the first fish caught of the day while fishing for walleye (everything but walleye were caught). At first I thought it was a big walleye since I saw a cloudy eye and he wasnt much of a fighter. As I got him to the surface I realized the cloudy eye was just on one side and it was a northern. I wanted to get him back in the water immediately so I didnt take the time to measure him but me and my fishin partner both estimated about 31-32". This poor fish's head was wider than his body-- probably weighed betweeen 2 & 3 pounds. When i figure out how to post pics ill get it up =)

the pic is kinda small because it was taken from my cell phone but here it is...

c53f.jpg?pfB7BvABvcU5x6ul

Sounds like a kind of fish disease, I caught on eup on Leech couple years ago wiht the same thing...yech