• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Eagle Lake (Maple Grove)

Went out Sunday morning around 5 to give the new rain bibs a try. I have given up on Eagle since I can't buy a fish out there but decided to give it another shot since its close to home. I ended up catching and boating my first muskie(38")... and my second muskie(36")....and my third muskie(39")!!!!!!!!! All muskies were caught on a 5' ultralight with 6lb p-line and a 1/16oz beatle spin. What a blast!!!! While I was battling the third one I looked in the water and there was another big skie shadowing every move of the one I had on the line. I could've reached down and touched it with my hand. It was right up to the boat. I also caught a couple of small norts and 5 decent bass (the biggest was around 4lbs) and a few perch and sunnies. There were only 2 other boats out. That was the best fishing I have ever had out there.
The guide series bibs worked awesome. I highly recommend them. About half the price of Goretex brand (on sale).
GOOD LUCK

Sounds like ya had a good time Moby! I'm assuming that you weren't using that blue line out there. wink.gif

Nope, just clear P-line. I will never use the blue again