• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What's the best bay on tonka for bass?

Sergeant Slabber

I use to work on the milfoil harvesting program on Tonka, and I got to know about every inch of every bay out there. There are bass in every bay! You just need to pick your poison and give it a shot. Find pockets of milfoil and throw some tubes or topwater in there and you will have some success!

I do alot of tournament fishing out there and halsteds is defintely the best bet for bass.

I would second the Halsteads option. I have caught my top two largemouths in that bay!

Sgt.Slabber,

Just curious, What was the largest walleye you saw out of Tonka that got harvested by accident? Just wondering if the big girls love the weeds.

My favorite is the far north end of North Arm along the docks on the east side. I have caught my thee biggest bass there all in one day; 18", 19" and 20". We always seem to be able to catch fish there consistently.

------------------
Kab Dreamin

"Lost Bay is the place to be"

Hey SS- the biggest eye that I saw out there in my 5 years was a 27"er. That was in Carmens Bay during a blast in August. I remember a few eyes during that time that were coming belly up to the surface. I don't know if it was heat stress or lack of oxygen in the bay. Kind of wierd! To answer your question, from what I saw the big babes do like to hide out in the weed patches.

Minnetonka is known as a great bass lake. It's so big I'm not sure where to start.

Since the bays are as big as lakes I thought I'd try just one or two to start with.

Any suggestions?

Are the bays at the north and west extremities good? I'm thinkin there would be less boat traffic or maybe less fishing pressure.

Thanks and good fishin this weekend

Where would you launch to be close/in Halsted's ? I'm new to the lake and don't know where the launches are.
-r-