• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Med Sea

Cav,
The launch is good but it starting to get shallow. Keep the motor trimed and go slow and you'll be fine.

I'm a bass guy but the pannies are everywhere. Good norts to.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• moby1

• Ole the Guide

• Lee the bonehead

Nice fish blackjack. I havent gotten one quite that big there yet but still hoping.

come come now med man. I know u have the spots for most everything. Surely you have some panni spots. You do have THE secret panfish lure. I did check them out at gander last week but was just on a recon mission, no spending :+( I think fishing spending is pretty much over for a while. I have to get a deer rifle before November. Ill try and check out the augers this week. I dont recll if you have one but the same guy has at least 2 and mabey three vex FL8 SLT? Were all those bass pics from the same day. That is one fun fishing trip. Then again you are lucky enough to be on the lake for 12 hours at a crack. AHHH to be young and free:+)

Where is little boy bluegill when a guy needs some help on the pannfish.

The water has definitely fallen some. I hadn't fished med in a couple of weeks or mabey more. I couldnt believe how much the water level had fallen when I was out last thursday. When I was out, the bouys were funny, not straight lines as usual leaving the launch/. A guy I talked to at the landing said somthing about some rocks or shallow rocky area going out by the weeds on the left of the launch. He said he found them the hard way, with his new boat.

JOE
How have things been. Looks like some warm weather this week. Hope you didnt put the vette away when it got cold. Hey do you ever get the chance to use that thing. Every time I have been in you've been bustin a&s doing something or another. Ya gots ta use the toys! Before long you'll be plowing. Ok so I'm optimistic smile.gif

Well....I do have a couple panfish spots Moby. But I only fish those spots from when the season closes untill opener. As for the secret panfish lure. I use that spinner, but I don't use the plastic that it comes with it anymore. I was catching waaaaaaaaay too many friggin' Sunnies with that setup. Now I switched to larger plastics and the Bass love it! And yes, all those Bass pics I posted are from last Monday. I didn't even post all the Bass pics I have from that day. Plus I only took pics of 1/2 of the Bass I caught that day. I generally only take pics of 1/2 the Bass I catch. If I took pics of all the Bass I catch I'd be broke from getting the film developed! grin.gif

I am thinking of going out this weekend are there any good spot to try to catch walleye also how are the pike and panfish biteing and were about. any imfo will help thanks

ATTN Joe Harty,

Do you have a baitshop on or near Medicine Lake? If so, how do I get there? Do you have any large suckers?

Thanks,

Pikeman_Doug

------------------
catch photo release

lttle walleye hunter, if you are looking to catch Walleye's, Medicine wouldn't be the best lake to fish. There are Walleye's in Medicine, but they aren't in high numbers. If you or anyone else for that matter catches a Walleye in Medicine Lake. PLEASE return back to water. The DNR has done a fantastic job of restocking Walleye's into Medicine Lake the past few years. If people start keeping all the Walleye's they catch, then all the work the DNR has done goes right down the tube.
As for Pike, I've only caught 1 Pike in the last 3 weeks I've gone out. The Northerns have been pretty light lipped. The Bass on the other hand have been hot and heavy. I've caught Bass in anywhere from 1-24 feet of water. Sunnies have been hitting anything that moves right now. You can catch plenty of Sunnies by still fishing the weeds on the south end of the lake.

[This message has been edited by MedicineMan (edited 09-01-2004).]

Hi PikemanDoug,

Sorry, I don't have the large suckers at this time. I have what is known as Lt. Northern or small suckers. Bait day is on Friday at noon so let me know if you want some and I'll see about grabbing some for ya.

lakeman

medman how are the crappies and bass where abouts are they thanks

[This message has been edited by lttle walleye hunter (edited 09-01-2004).]

Wow,
I'm new to this board, my buddy at work showed me the site, and this is pretty cool. I fish Med since I live like 3 blocks from it almost nightly... Y'all will know who I am since I probably have the oldest boat out there I'm sure.. just picked it up a couple months ago for $200. Its a 77' Lund Fiberglass Tri Hull w/60's 35HP Evinrude... awesome boat for the money, thats all I gotta say. Fishing had been pretty good. Just thought I would drop a line and introduce myself.

Welcome to FM ! Sounds like you got a decent deal on your boat. Good luck fishin' !

lakeman

Looks like I'm going out tomorrow. Hopefully there will be a breeze like they're talking about. Otherwise I'm toast! shocked.gif

lttle walleye hunter, I couldn't really help you that much with Crappies since I haven't fished for them since early May. Moby has had some luck fishing for Crappies in the lilly pads in the 2 southwestern bays, and fishing the weeds on the south end. As for Bass, I would try fishing the any part of the lake that has a large area of lilly pads. The more lillypads that are there, the more fish they will likely hold. The northwest bay has always been a good area for bass, as well as the 2 southwest bays. I would throw a Scum Frog into the lilly pads or fish a Senko along the weed line.

Joe Harty,

Where is your shop, what's the best way to get there? I'd be coming down south on 169.

Thanks.

Doug

Pikeman and all others. As of Labor day on an annual basis I scale back and close the shop and start preparing for fall pullout. Such is the case this year and as a result I'm not open right now. I am usually not far away though and so if anyone needs me for something that is up my alley, I'll do what I can to help ya out. I'm easy to get ahold of through the bait shop. Been a pleasure to help the guys and gals from FM. I will be re-opening as usual in the month of December depending greatly on ice conditions. Should be a good winter season a little later on and lookin forward to see you all at the lake.

lakeman

No more nuts rolls for the year Joe?!?! shocked.gif

[This message has been edited by MedicineMan (edited 09-07-2004).]

Here are a few fishing pics from the wensday 2 weeks ago.

47b4d727b3127cceb6561f24683c0000001610

47b4d727b3127cceb6561f26683e0000001610

47b4d727b3127cceb6561f27e90f0000001610

Both of the Bass measured 17". Nothing real big, but still nice Bass. As you can see, my friend caught a real lunker! grin.gif

Fishing was good for the most part. Fishing was really hot from 11-1 and 7-7:45. I ended up with 18 Bass, 5 Northerns, and I lost a huge Walleye at the boat. The thing totally straightened out me hook, I was not happy to say the least. If someone heard a loud obscenity being uttered around 10:30, that would have been me. blush.gif

Hmmmm, this thread has hit a snag. I'm going out tomorrow. Hopefully this front hasn't slowed fishing too much.

Well, went out this past thursday. Fishing was was pretty good, I was catching HUGE Bass from 2-3. Well, I had huge Bass on, out of 15 I had on, I only got 4 in the boat. I also lost $15 worth of lures out there, frown.gif I lost 2 of my favorite skirted jigs to monster Bass. I did notice that the fish wouldn't touch anything that was tied onto braided line. Once I switched to mono, I would start catching fish. The problem with using mono was that, I was fishing in an area where large chunks of concrete were dumped years ago. Well, that concrete does a number to mono. I can usually only make about 10 casts before I have to strip some line. I had 4 Bass snap my line. The biggest Bass I had on I got up to the boat before it got away with my favorite jig. Guesstamating, I would say that the Bass I got up to the boat was between 22-24 inches. Anyways, I'm going out tomorrow morning. I've got a score to settle. cool.gif

hey where were u? i was there (medicine) on opener (yeah yeah i know, a long time ago) and was skunked me, my dad, and my friend!!!! Wha was i doing wrong?

Hey MM,

What were ya using and where were ya finding all these huge bass? The boyz and I can't seem to really get on any hot and heavy action, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Better yet why don't ya let us tag along

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Mr Special (edited 09-20-2004).]

Well, went out saturday from 7-10 and sunday 7-9. I kicked the **** out of the Bass saturday morning. From 9-9:30 I caught a Bass on every cast, I ended up with something like 30-35 Bass, I also caught 2 Northerns and 4 Crappies. Sunday morning I caught one small Walleye, 8 Bass, and one Northern. I'll have pics from this weekend up by wensday. cool.gif

bassin, thanks for the tip. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that. blush.gif

Mr.Special, I'll shoot you an email tonight.