• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Med Sea

Decided on sarah for saturday and went to med this morning with Tim L and met Mr special and friends on the lake. We did ok on some nice bass early this morning then turned to trolling for norts. What a change from last week when we couldnt keep them off the hooks and average size was decent. Today we only caught a couple and they were small. Just as we made the decision to troll, I caught a snapping turtle on my skumfrog. Luckily as he got to the boat the hook came out of his mouth. Unfortunately when it did, it hooked into his front leg a little too close to his mouth. It came out easily and I still have all my fingers. Only missing a toe :+)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• moby1

• Ole the Guide

• Lee the bonehead

Sounds like you had an interesting time there Moby Wan Kenobi grin.gif I wasn't able to get out at all this weekend. Its been a very busy and very stressfull weekend!

Went out on Med yesterday. Ended up getting something along the lines of 20 Bass, a dozen Northerns, and a couple Eyes. The fishing was great, but trying to control the boat in that wind was a royal pain!

Would love to stop down there and actually meet some of you guys,may try it sat early morning,problem is that I have no idea where this lake is.If any of you would be kind enough to give me directions to the ramp(I'm comming from Anoka) I'd appreciate it.I will be driving a geen dodge dakota with a green crestliner fishhawk with a 125 merc. I have FM logo stickers on both truck and boat.

------------------
If people weren't supposed to eat animals.

why are they made out of meat??

rtwills
169 south-co rd 9 west. Park is on the left just before you reach northwest blvd.

Went out lastweekend and arrived at the park 5 minutes before opening to find a few high$$ bassboats waiting for the gate to open. I was forced to pass them up and go in the exit side as when the gate opened, they blocked BOTH SIDES of the entrance while they had to fill out daily parking permits. We ran into a couple of them on the lake and I think THEY think they ownt it just b/c they were having a tourney. Dont get me wrong, id like one of those boats to, I just wouldnt be a jac&*^^ to other fishermen on the lake. (too long of a story to write). We did see them going through their fish and nothing looked over 13". Ours were bigger :+). Finished off the day on crappies. Me and mr special caught over 100 with a couple in the12" range.

Not sure yet what the weekend holds. Possibly sarah if not med.

Moby, Have you fished on Lake Sarah much?? I know somebody who says he caught two walleyes out of that lake two days ago.... the DNR says they have not stocked the lake with 'eye's. What's your experience or anybody else's for that matter. I guess if there's a few eyes in there it would be worth targeting them.

Hey Mike,

We should plan a day down the road to jump out on Medicine. Would be another new lake for me.

It was a surprise to me to catch walleyes on Sarah, but I do know what they look like, sir. I didn't think they were supposed to be there either. They remain in the lake.

Hey Moby I heard about those guys out there on Sunday. I wasnt out there but my friend was out there in his bass boat. He wasnt fishing the tournament but this guy pulled right up to him and was basically fishing right on top of him and being just a jerk becasue my friend was in the spot he wanted to fish. Well, my friend proceeded to pull fish after fish right in front them. Most in the 3lb range with a couple around 4 1/2. I guess the guy was really upset after that. He said the same thing about the weigh-in, small bass.

Theres a pretty good chance I'll be out saturday morning. If its really windy I won't be out there. I found a couple of interesting areas out there that I want to film. But anyways, I know you guys mean about Bass fisherman. If you remember from last years Medicine thread. I had a little rant about some of these pre-madonna Bass fisherman taking over entire spots. I've got no problem with them fishing a spot. but when they purposely take up an entire area so no one else can fish there, then I've got a problem with them.

Thanks for the directions Moby, if it's nott to bad weather Sat.I'll be out there early.What time do the gates open?
Hopefully I'll meet a few of you guys out there because I sure could use some tips on finding the ski's.

By the way guys I have the FM logo stickers done.They are posted on www.fmlogo.com
if you are interested in ordering

------------------

[This message has been edited by rtwills (edited 07-29-2004).]

rtwills,

Medicine does not have skies...just an FYI.

Sorry Med Man, No more launching out of Hennipen county parks for me. I've boycotted them since they gave me a parking ticket even though I paid to park. mad.gif It only took me 2 weeks to get an appointment with the Hearing officer and get it fixed. *****s!!! Sorry about the hostility...Med is a great fishery otherwise.

------------------
Tonka Boy

I'll be there if weather isnt bad

------------------

Tonka Boy, I know how you feel. I got a ticket at the park once as well even though I paid at the gate.

I havent gotten a parking ticket there due to the annual park permit. I did however get snatched up last year there for expired tabs. :+)
Im not sure yet where ill end up tomorrow.

Buzzsaw
Yes indeed, Sarah is the lake that I fish most next to med. Med is just closer to home. I fish it a lot in the winter. I have yet to get an eye there but do good on crappies, bass, and norts. Good size to all of the above mentioned fish.

rtwills
did you make it out yesterday (saturday)? I was out from 5am-10am. I didn't see any fm stickers on any vehicles (other than my own) when I left. Stuck pretty much to bassin yesterday. I got 4 from 15-18", all on topwater. Spent the afternoon on tonka with tonka boy with more bassin. I lost count of how many we missed. We missed more than we caught for sure, all on topwater there as well. I'm sure we will meet up on med sometime.

Med man
how did you end up?

Glad to hear it was a good day for you moby,I couldn't go early(big honey do list) by the time i could go out,it was nearing noon,figured Med. parking would be full so I went To Green by Chisago.Really bad day,only 2 fish all day,but it was good to get out..

------------------

Moby, I ended up with a dozen Bass and 6 Northerns, and that monster fish you saw. I only fished half the time I was out there. The other half I was filming with the Aqua-Vu.

Here are a few fishing pics of mine:

47b4d620b3127cceb327fc249e5d0000001610
Here's a pic of my dad with a 4" Walleye

47b4d620b3127cceb327fc311f780000001610

47b4d620b3127cceb327fc5a9e230000001610

[This message has been edited by MedicineMan (edited 08-02-2004).]

Hey all:

Been lurking and reading posts for awhile, trying to figure out how to fish Medicine. I've only been out a few times this year, and Med is close...so I've been fishing it, but accept for spring, where I did well on sunnies, haven't had much luck since.

I'm getting the "Hot Spot" map today, as I am taking some kids out tomorrow for a special trip. We're just look'n for panfish. Any suggestions where to fish them?

Many thanks.

GVJeff,
Welcome to the forum. If your just looking for some panfish you don't have to go far from the launch at all. Just outside the Reeds out from the launch in about 5'-10' feet of water will get you on a mix bag of species but mainly panfish. You could go with a bobber setup about 3'-7' down and minnows, waxies, worms, or leeches. If not that try the long extend point just south of Harty's north. If you go down the east shorline from the launch go past Harty's north docks and you'll see a huge tree, the point starts there and extends out about 200yds from shore and is 6' on top and the sides go all the way to 20+'.

Good luck and tell us how you do.