Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
BigMike

any parks along the mississippi?around the TC area?

BigMike

If you are looking for downtown/metro areas here are a few:

Minnehaha Fall Park (Pool 2 below Ford Dam)
Hidden Falls (Pool 2 below Ford Dam on St. Paul side)
Lilydale Regional Park
Fort Snelling Park (Pike's Island)
Coon Rapids Dam (Anoka area)
Stone Arch Bridge (downtown mpls - both shores)
Nicolet Island (downtown mpls)
Boom Island Park (downtown mpls)
U of MN campus (both sides along the 'sippi)
I-94 & 694 (west side of town - north mpls/Fridley area)

That should give you some spots to check out. I've tried all but a couple and they can all be very productive for multi species.

Roughfisher

I'd also add Menomin Park near Fridley and Isles of Peace Park off east river road.

catfishbill

in brooklyn park off of 85th ave just south of 694 never to crowded

benie

looking for a good place to fish the miss river..

mnwild

Only one I know of is the Coon Rapids dam, but I am sure there are more down in the MPLS area,

EBass

Pool 2 Hidden Falls Park and on the opposite side of the river is Minnehaha park (Where Minnehaha dumps in)Decent to great shore fishing (if ya don't mind sheepies and carp to)

Coming from the north..
Take 94 to Hiawatha. Take left on 46th and go over the bridge (AKA Ford Dam) take first right then left and follow to the park for the Ford side. Big sign can't miss it.

If you want Minnehaha side go past 46th and the park is on the left. It's big (lots of shoreline open to the public)Turn in and take a left - go up a bit until you see a path that goes down. (hard to describe) Park and walk down the path to the never ending stairs and follow that down and follow the path and Minnehaha out to the river. Again, miles of shoreline to cover and both sides are good. Just remember that you have to walk back up them stairs. wink.gif

Hope that helps.

Lost

Roughfisher, is there decent fishing from Isles of Peace? I've walked around the area but never tried fishing the area.

Roughfisher

Lost - Isles of Peace isn't the greatest, but you can set up and fish the Thalweg (main channel) of the river. You'll get a mixed bag, every day is different, but I've caught big Freshwater Drum, Carp, Walleye, Sauger, Smallmouth Bass, White Bass, Bowfin, White Sucker, Shorthead Redhorse, Golden Redhorse, Channel Catfish, Black Bullheads, Rock Bass, Green Sunfish, Northern Pike, and Smallmouth Bass there. I'd rather be at a place with a current break and some structure of some kind, but beggars can't be choosers.

Lost

Thanks for the information. We'll need to get together sometime so you can show me the ropes for a few of the local areas. I bring my friends kids fishing with me once in a while and I want to take them to productive spots so they don't lose interest in fishing.