• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

any parks along the mississippi?around the TC area?

If you are looking for downtown/metro areas here are a few:

Minnehaha Fall Park (Pool 2 below Ford Dam)
Hidden Falls (Pool 2 below Ford Dam on St. Paul side)
Lilydale Regional Park
Fort Snelling Park (Pike's Island)
Coon Rapids Dam (Anoka area)
Stone Arch Bridge (downtown mpls - both shores)
Nicolet Island (downtown mpls)
Boom Island Park (downtown mpls)
U of MN campus (both sides along the 'sippi)
I-94 & 694 (west side of town - north mpls/Fridley area)

That should give you some spots to check out. I've tried all but a couple and they can all be very productive for multi species.

I'd also add Menomin Park near Fridley and Isles of Peace Park off east river road.

in brooklyn park off of 85th ave just south of 694 never to crowded

Only one I know of is the Coon Rapids dam, but I am sure there are more down in the MPLS area,

Pool 2 Hidden Falls Park and on the opposite side of the river is Minnehaha park (Where Minnehaha dumps in)Decent to great shore fishing (if ya don't mind sheepies and carp to)

Coming from the north..
Take 94 to Hiawatha. Take left on 46th and go over the bridge (AKA Ford Dam) take first right then left and follow to the park for the Ford side. Big sign can't miss it.

If you want Minnehaha side go past 46th and the park is on the left. It's big (lots of shoreline open to the public)Turn in and take a left - go up a bit until you see a path that goes down. (hard to describe) Park and walk down the path to the never ending stairs and follow that down and follow the path and Minnehaha out to the river. Again, miles of shoreline to cover and both sides are good. Just remember that you have to walk back up them stairs. wink.gif

Hope that helps.

Roughfisher, is there decent fishing from Isles of Peace? I've walked around the area but never tried fishing the area.

Lost - Isles of Peace isn't the greatest, but you can set up and fish the Thalweg (main channel) of the river. You'll get a mixed bag, every day is different, but I've caught big Freshwater Drum, Carp, Walleye, Sauger, Smallmouth Bass, White Bass, Bowfin, White Sucker, Shorthead Redhorse, Golden Redhorse, Channel Catfish, Black Bullheads, Rock Bass, Green Sunfish, Northern Pike, and Smallmouth Bass there. I'd rather be at a place with a current break and some structure of some kind, but beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks for the information. We'll need to get together sometime so you can show me the ropes for a few of the local areas. I bring my friends kids fishing with me once in a while and I want to take them to productive spots so they don't lose interest in fishing.