• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cedar help!!

I went out on Cedar lake(Scott Co.) for the first time tonight and found it very tough. I realize the weather wasn't favorable, but there were so many weeds it was hard to find a place to start. We had a little action on small twister tails and fatheads under a bobber, but it was very tough going (we only landed tiny eyes). Is anyone willing to give me any help on places to start in this lake. I'm am not looking for secret spots, just starting spots... I'll do the rest. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

My advice would be to wait about a month for the weeds to die down. It can be a fun lake to fish.

Thanks!

What do you usually fish for there? Muskies, eyes,??

I have caught just about everything from bullheads to muskies on Cedar. As a matter of fact, I have caught some huge bullheads on bucktails fishing for muskies. It is a great panfish lake, with a little walleye, northern, bass, and muskie. The muskie have been hard to find the last couple of years.