Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
gundy89

Bald Eagle

gundy89

Heading out to Bald Eagle tonight. First time on the lake for Eyes. Can anyone help out with water temp or depth. I'd like to find my own spots but narrowing down the depth would be nice. Thanks in advance and if anybody else will be out there, Ill be in a Gray Gruman with a buddy and my faithfull golden. Can't go without her.

Mr. Pike1

I would like to learn this lake as well for Eye's. Let me know your success. I might have to try one night after work as well.

gundy89

It was a beautiful night on the water. The crappies were working minnows on the surface, which was pretty cool. Wish we could have done better on the eyes though. One small one and a couple nice perch.

Qfishing

went out to night and it was a ok night and a great first time out on the water we ended up only with two eys but still had some fun.
we cought the eyes on the points and a few little ones which we cought all overQfishing

gundy were where you fishing on the lake

gundy89

We were all over. Trolled Cranks on the weed edges and fished some of the humps and points on the south end. I just started to fish the lake.

Pig_sticka

I was out there tonight, slow fishing for the eyes. Friend caught one 18in and one 13in walleye. Panfish were in full swing but very small. They were chasing minnows all over the shallows.
Only saw one other walleye caught so the fish weren't jumping in the boat.

Qfishing

I was out in the rain saturday afternoon we got a few good eating size walleyes and had a good time we did not see many people catch any thing but all togather I was glad we got a few in the afternoon

Qfishing

I was using a lindy rig when i was out there and it work just fine I all so saw some people using jigs I didn't try but I think it just matters on what the fish want and you should be ready to try both if ones not working. the deapth i was fishing was 30 and down and I thought it was alot easyer to go from one depth to the next with a lindy rig and all ways nowing your on the bottem you can also cover alot more area in a faster time with a lindy rig I would say but the best thing to do is do what you like. i like to lindy rig but I know alot of people pefer jigs so try what you want I saw people have luke with both

Ole #1

Thanks for the info Qfishing. I'm going out tommorow if the weather isn't too bad.

Ole

Ole #1

I've fished this lake a few times in the winter for crappies, but never fished for walleyes in open water. Would a lindy rig with a leech work, or would I have better luck with a jig and a minnow? I do have a map of the lake, are there any area's or depths I should target this time of year?

Any help or advice would be great.

Ole

Maximum12

Thanks for the info Q. This lake is my personal enemy. I've probably spent 40 hours walleye fishing on this dumb lake over the past couple years & haven't caught one yet. I did locate everything else in the lake that swims, tho.

I'll be out banging my head against this wall again soon. grin.gif