Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Riverfisher

Knots

Riverfisher

I already tried this in the pike muskie forum and didn't get anything. with the new superlines what kind of knots do you tie. I have been using a clinch knot and haven't been very impressed.

bart simpson
http://fishingminnesota.com/ubb/Forum43/HTML/001775.html

Hope this worked. Try the link above to see a previous discussion regarding knots. If I remember right the palomer knot was favorite.

Nick

PS - I have tied the clinch since my hands grew fingers but I too have found it to be less than perfect lately. Been using Polomar on the fireline and trilene on mono - but not too sure about the trilene knot being that hot either.

[This message has been edited by bart simpson (edited 05-20-2004).]

Mr Special

Palomer Knot, easy, simple and great

baswacker

I have been tying the polomer knot on my superlines for about 9 years now and they are the way to go .I think I have only had 2 fail not bad for about 5-8,000 knots but who's counting
tight lines all
Basswacker

[This message has been edited by baswacker (edited 05-20-2004).]

jbdragon

Any information as to how to tie the polomer knot?

bart simpson

Just do a google search. You'll find more sites than you can read thru in an afternoon.

Nick

Deitz Dittrich

here is decent drawing... pretty much an overhand knot and slip the lure threw the hole in the end of the line and pull tight.. one of the easiest knots and strongest out there... not the best for crankbaits and such becuse it can be hard to tie on them.

palomar.gif

RF--I also tie a palomar knot with both the thermal and braided superlines. My only negative experience comes from the knot actually slipping, not breaking. I have remedied this by simply taking the tag end and looping it back through the eye twice then inserting the end back through the loops that are created and then cinch it tight and trim it. This keeps the tag end from being able to slip back out. The other far easier remedy is Super Glue.

simplefish

I also like the polomar for super lines. But have had some trouble with it slipping if my hands are cold or can't grip it right. I fix this by just tying an over hand knot or two after the polomar. If the line slips the over hand knot becomes undone and there is plenty of tag left for it to cinch itself. I also like the extra insurance if I get a big fish and the knot starts to slip. This works well with dacron also. Knots with loops around the main line like a trilene or imp-clinch knots just don't snug. Hope this helps a little.