• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

White Bear Boat Ramps

I have been using the public boat ramp on the North shore of White Bear and quite frankly it sucks in the spring until they dredge it out.

I see a boat ramp down the shoreline (SW) for the public ramp that looks nice. I'm sure there is some stipulation for using it like being a citizen of WBL or joining a club or paying annual dues...

Does anyone know what 'price' a guy has to pay to be able to use that ramp?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Buck

Snort,

The ramp is at Kotaska (sp.) park. The fee is $15 for res. and $25 for non-res. Very nice ramp but not a lot of parking. I launch there and have had to search for a parking spot from time to time. I think there is a limited number of permits available. You can pay at the ramp and get a temp untill the sticker arrives in the mail.

Dave

I am heading for White Bear right now.

The access there can't be as bad as the "ramp" I dealt with on Saturday. grin.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Thanks (again) for the info Hugo (Dave).

I think I'm going to look into one of those $25 permits. I drive from N. St. Paul and end up fishing WBL quite a bit during the summer.
Maybe I'll see ya at the ramp or on the water.
I've got a Red 2004 Expedition pulling a Blue Lund 1700 Pro Sport, Yamaha 80 4-stroke.

Buck

Buck,

No problem. I will be there more often once the muskie season opens. I drive a black F150 supercrew and fish out of a green 1775 pro-v with a 150 merc.

See ya,
Dave

I was wondering do you have to pay a fee for the launches at most locations? I drove by on sunday and saw one that was $10 right off of 61. We didn't look too much for others, just wondering because I live about 20 min. from the lake and would like to try it out and not wanting to have to pay a fee. Thanks!

Good Fishin'...

Just got back from WBL (have to go to work frown.gif)

I managed 10 Crappies in the 9-11" range out of 6-10 feet of water...And some bonus C&R Bass too!

Not too bad...Found the Crappies right before I had to get going though.

Nice day to say the least.

Access wasn't in the best shape, and I'd say 4wd is a must. (I tried pulling out in 2wd, didn't get far)

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by united jigsticker (edited 05-18-2004).]

Bill-E,

The Ramsey County Park access on the North end of the lake is free of charge. You'll probably end up getting in the water to manage your boat. As stated previously, it is in rough shape.

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy