• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

worm bed

i was wondering if any one knows how to make a worm bed in your yard

Worm bed means a container that holds some kind of bedding that you put crawlers in.

I would just go to a sporting goods store and buy the container and bedding and follow the directions on the packaging. The paper style bedding works well.

I have had good luck keeping them in the basement.Keep the bedding moist and check the crawlers from time to time and remove any dead crawlers.

i bought a frabil worm habitat because i have lack of space to keep them my uncle on the other hand made his out of styrofoam like the stuff they use on homes he made it about 1 1/2 feet tall by 2 feet wide and 4 feet long he just cut the pieces to size glued them together sealed the edges with duct tape made a proper size lid cut about a 4"by4" hole about a foot in on each side of the lid taped some screen over it for vetalation and puts something on the top to keep the lid snug it has worked awesome for years and holds hundreds with out being over crowded then buy bedding (amount to size of bed i think its like 50 worms to a pound it should say on the back of the bag) and follow the directons on the bedding. then wait for rain

I have a second regrid in the garage. I also use worm bedding. But also what works great is composte from various sites. Just make sure its not too wet.

Add a little corn meal from time to time to give the wormies something to eat. Remember the food chain, corn meal for wormies, wormies for fish, fish for people.

the addict

P.s.

Use stryofoam. Plastic containers will kill the worms.

addict