Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
carverfshrmn

Waconia

carverfshrmn

So how has it been this week? Trying to get out Sat-Sun. Help?

No dice for me this weekend on Waconia. Take that with a grain of salt though. smile.gif I don't know the lake at all, and I had a new GPS/FishFinder I was playing with half of the time - so I wasn't overly serious.

Ended up with a couple of perch, a LM bass, and a sunny. *shrugs* Just was great to be out on the water. smile.gif

Updates from anybody else out on Waconia?

Iceman12

3 of us were out there at 4 AM Saturday morning and fished until noon. This was our first time on the lake. We got 5 small eye's, a pike and a nice LM Bass.

[This message has been edited by Iceman12 (edited 05-17-2004).]

Hillbiehle

Fished from 3:30 till 11 with not much luck. 19" LM, a few perch, a small eye, and a bull head. Used leeches and fat heads, didn't do any trolling. Perhaps we should have.....

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• jayway
      1) Lumen (lm) Lumen is the international(SI) unit of luminous flux, a measure of overall light emitted by a light source. 2) Candela (cd) Candela is the international(SI) unit of luminous intensity, a measure of light emitted by a light source in a particular direction.
      Any given light source will have different luminous intensities in different directions considered.
      [candela = lumen/solid angle] 3) Beam Angle [Unit : degree] Beam angle is the angle between two directions for which the luminous intensity is 50% of the maximum intensity as measured in a plan through the nominal beam center-line. The beam angle of a lamp gives an idea of how the light beam spread away form the beam center. 4) LUX (lx) Lux is the international(SI) unit of illuminance, a measure of light arriving at a surface, 1 lumen per square foot equals 1 foot-candle, while 1 lumen per square meter equals 1 lux.
      [lux = lumen/m2] 5) Color Temperature / Correlated Color Temperature (CCT) A black-Body radiator will have different color when it is heated up to different temperature(in kelvin). The temperature at which the heated black-body radiator matches the color of the light source is the color temperature of the light source. 6) Color Rendering Index (CR) Color rendering index, ranged from 0-100, measures a light source's ability to reproduce the color of various objects being lit by reference light source, black body radiator (CRI=100) 7) Efficacy (lm/W) Efficacy is the efficacy of a light source to convert electricity power to light expressed in lumen output per unit power input (watt)
      [Efficacy = lumen / wattage] 8) Dimming Not all lighting products are designed for dimming function. None-dimming LED lighting product will cause unpredictable result and may affect the life time of the products. The below figure shows the typical input current variation while adjusting the DC voltage input to dimming and none-dimming product.
    • Smoker
      I will check it out a little latter. It looks like a good idea. I do a small diamond wrap on a lot of my ice rods.
    • gimruis
      I'm gonna go but not before some of these crops get harvested.  It may not be until Thanksgiving but at least I'll increase my odds if I wait for a better chance of success.
    • monstermoose78
      I have not seen a bird during season yet but I will get one or two I hope
    • monstermoose78
      Looks like you got one woodcock and a snipe but I could be wrong but great job shooting.
    • walleye29us
      This is the insulated model. 8x8. If anyone wants it this week I'll let it go for 240.00. Won't  find a better deal!   
    • JB18
      Saw over 10 birds on opener....all before legal shooting hour....Only 1 after before the rain started.
    • JB18
      i went out for a couple hours yesterday looking for grouse.  The buddy i was with never has been hunting for grouse or woodcock.  We only saw 1 grouse with no chance for a shot but got both woodcock that flushed. 
    • Stick in Mud
      As MB said, high water tends to spread fish out and push them tighter to the banks in any slower water they can find.  A "normal" year with low water in October can be ridiculously, almost unfairly good in the river when you find the smallies. There's a reason it's mandatory catch and release now, as they pile up in deeper, slower water and can be quite vulnerable if/when you find them.   That being said, the difference in high vs. low water is not as pronounced above the dams (either the 10th St, Sartell, Little Falls, Blanchard, etc.) as it is below them.  At least in my experience, anyways.  
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has produced six new, state-of-the-art maps that will make it easier and safer for people to explore, hunt, and recreate in state forests.   “The DNR has updated six state forests with 53 more to go,” said Forrest Boe, director of the DNR Forestry Division. “This five-year effort will include updating maps for all of Minnesota’s state forests.” State forest users now have two maps options. A geoPDF map will allow users to download a map onto a mobile device using a variety of map apps and then track their location as a blue dot on the screen. The new user-friendly, paper maps highlight the unique recreation features of each forest and include pop-out maps for popular campgrounds and day-use areas. “The little blue dot that appears on the map on my phone goes with me whether I’m on or off-trail,” said Laura Duffey, DNR state forest map project coordinator. “This feature lets people know exactly where they are in a state forest—no more getting lost.” The maps are also more detailed than previous versions and highlight the endless recreation opportunities in state forests, such as hiking, mountain biking, birding, berry picking, cross-country skiing, hunting, and horseback, ATV and snowmobile riding. Many state forests also offer campgrounds, fishing piers, boat launches, swimming beaches, and picnic areas. The six new maps are available in time for fall hunting and cover more than 240,000 acres of state forest land and thousands of miles of trails. New geoPDF and paper maps are now available for: Paul Bunyan State Forest in Cass and Hubbard counties Badoura State Forest in Cass and Hubbard counties Croix State Forest in Pine County Huntersville State Forest in Cass, Hubbard and Wadena counties Lyons State Forest in Wadena County. Chengwatana State Forest in Pine and Chisago counties The Paul Bunyan and Badoura state forests are popular spots for hunters. Combined, they contain two campgrounds and day-use areas, four off-highway vehicle trails, five wildlife management areas (WMA), two ruffed grouse management areas, and four state game refuges. They also have hiking, biking, snowmobiling and skiing trails. The Huntersville and Lyons state forests are popular with hunters. Each state forest contains four WMAs and several miles of trails and roads for off-highway vehicles. Additionally, the Huntersville State Forest offers two campgrounds, a horse campground, and 24 miles of designated horse trails. The St. Croix State Forest offers a variety of year-round recreation opportunities. It has 20 miles of horseback trails and a horse campground with 56 campsites. In the winter snowmobilers can enjoy 42 miles of trails while in the summer mountain bikers can cruise 25 miles of trails. The Boulder Campground and day-use area has 22 secluded campsites and access to Rock Lake for swimming, fishing and boating. The Chengwatana State Forest contains the Snake River Campground and several miles of off-highway motorcycle and all-terrain vehicle trails. Three state water trails run through the forest: Kettle River, Snake River, and St. Croix River. Snowmobliers also use the Matthew Lourey State Trail, which runs through the forest. The new maps also shows locations of National Park Service campsites along the St. Croix River.Digital, geoPDF maps are available on the state forest’s webpage at www.mndnr.gov/stateforests. People can get a free paper map at a local DNR office or the DNR Info Center by sending an email to info.dnr@state.mn.us or calling 888-646-6367, Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-8 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.