Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
matix10

Metro Eyes

matix10

Ok i am making my first walleye trip may 24 a monday so i dont have to deal with weekend traffic. i am new to the area but am ready to fish. I would like to take my boat to a nice lake where i can jig for some eyes and maybe pull some cranks on leadcore. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of a lake to fish. An hour drive is fine by me. these are the counties that i have maps of the lakes for, carver, hennepin, dakota, scott, mcleod, wright. any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of maybe trying spring lake in scott county. any word on the eyes there. thanks everyone and goodluck during the opener.

Sounds like P2, P3, or P4 of the Mighty Mississippi is the place you need to go............

If you want walleyes that are both quality and quantity, that is the place to go..............................................................................................................................................................................

------------------
Let 'em go so they can grow!!!

dewoutdoor70

mmmmmm i bet they taste real good out of the mighty miss to,go to a lake where you can eat them, buffalo pulaski cedar clearwater all in wright county

fishKiLLa

Is it not safe to eat anyfish from the miss? Why do they not post some sort of toxic fish sign or something? Why does the dnr allow fishing on the Miss? Why am I not glowing in the dark from eating fish from the Miss yet? Maybe they are okay to eat.......

------------------
Two pound test is the test of skills!!!

fishin789

the people that think you can't or shouldn't eat fish from the mississippi should get the fish consumption booklet from the dnr and read it. they would be supprised to find that some of the lakes they fish are listed as one meal a month where as the mississippi down by redwing is listed as one meal a week.i've had a lot of people tell me they wouldn't eat a fish from the mississippi and when i ask them what lake they fish and look it up they are supprised when the lake they fish is worse then the mississippi.

Fisher Dave

Matix 10.. if your looking for an opener spot without the crowds .. the inner minneapolis lakes all can offer some decent fishing but are restricted to trolling motors(electric).

There are so many good walleye lakes within an hour of the cities .. I wouldnt know where to start. A wiser thing to do might be to check with various area bait shops after the opener and find out where people have been getting good results(current reports)...

YEP, YOU ARE RIGHT............THOSE FISH GLOW IN THE DARK...........

DON'T EAT THEM!!!!!!!!!!

BETTER YET........DON'T GO TO THE WATER, OR YOU MIGHT GLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST EVERYONE STAY AWAY FROM THE RIVER, AND I'LL GO DOWN THERE AND MONITOR THINGS

rolleyes.gif
ALL BY MYSELF!!!!!!

WALLEYENUTZ

BIG-G,

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Rip Lips

smallies24

You can take fish out of most any water safely. The things to pay attention to are that woman of child bearing years should not to fish too often and make sure you cut out the belly lining tissues. That tissue is what holds a lot of the pcb's and such. If you clean them well you should have no problems.

Rainman

Yep those fish are very very bad for you! Stay away from the rivers, who knows what you can get from just touching the water BEWARE! Be afraid, BE VERY AFRAID! But if you see me down there don't worry, I will just be down there monitering things like Big G said!

jigginjim

Big-g and Rainman, What time are you guys serving the shore lunch on the river. I know we can't eat the fish from the river but i guess someone has become the taste testers.
lol

remember to plug your nose.

[This message has been edited by jigginjim (edited 05-08-2004).]