• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Turtle Lake

Has anyone had any luck with Crappies on Turtle Lake in Shoreview? I fish bass there in the summer and am thinking about trying for crappies.

Was out last night. Caught 5 or 6 crappies in the NW corner of the lake. Only one worth keeping. Filtered through 30 bass on ultra light gear. Was a good time.

I am wondering something...Can you catch a state record fish on a lake wheree it is prohibited from being kept? Thought to ponder. Would sure be funny to pull in a 9lb bass on Turtle and not have it be a state record!!

Turtle was pretty popular today.

I made it out there to find some Crappies in 7 feet of water, but nothing worth writing home to Ma' about on Mother's Day. (9" was the biggest)

The Bass sure were active though while seeking out the Crappies. Whew!

Anyone ever been fishing the north east end when the guy with the ski course activates his bouys? Them suckers just start popping up all in a row. I thought I was hallucinating at first until I realized what was going on. Kripes!

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]