Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
CALVINIST

improving loading surface on boat trailer for easier cranking

CALVINIST

I find it difficult to crank my 16' boat onto my trailer (non-roller type).

The carpeted surface on the trailer is worn somewhat. Does anybody have any tricks (like a lubricant) on impoving the carpeted surface to make my task easier?

My apologies if this question seems dumb!

------------------
<><<><
Calvinist
><>><>

[This message has been edited by CALVINIST (edited 04-29-2004).]

Wavey Davey

You may want to consider converting the bunks to rollers. They sell the kits to do it.

ATM

Calv, as wavey said if you convert to the roller bunks you will have a much easier time. I did this with my sixteen footer and it works great. Adam

Fisher Dave

They covered it .. convert the bunks to rollers and it will take care of your problem .. roller bunks are from $50-$100 average depending on length/quality/design.

If you do switch to rollers, be sure not to unhook your boat until your over the water, your boat WILL hit the pavement sooner or later(usually sooner). Roller bunks also make it easy for driving onto the trailer.. just leave the motor under power so the boat doesnt roll backwards while you hook up the strap.

CALVINIST

The answer is unanimous...Thanks.

I don't know if I want to actually convert to rollers, since my trailer is nothing to get excited about. But if I did, where would I be able to purchace the kit?

------------------
<><<><
Calvinist
><>><>

Slugo

Ive heard silicone spray will help.

STEP & 1/2

Calvinist: I have a bunk trailer and I have no problem getting my 17 1/2 foot boat up on the trailer. Are you putting your trailer far enough into the water? I back the trailer into the water so just the top of the fenders are above the water and then drive the boat on with no problem.

Have a good day

Wavey Davey

Check around, I think Fleet Farm or Northern Tool may have them. I can relate to not wanting to put a lot of money into an old rig. I replaced the bunks on a trailer of mine a few years ago. Used treated 2x4's and covered them with indoor-outdoor carpeting.
It also has a few center rollers and it tilts, so I don't have a problem, even though
it's a heavy fiberglass boat.

You could always make friends with a big, burly gal and have her handle the winch...
(joke)

NotoriousBLM

Stay with the bunks!!! My last boat had a trailer with rollers, and it was a PIA. My new boat has bunks, and I don't think I'll ever go back to rollers.

Spray 'em with silicon as suggested and you'll be set.

eyes'

Bunker trailers are made to power load on and float off.... The crank on the front is just for looks smile.gif

CALVINIST

perhaps I'll try the silicon.

STEP and 1/2...

I know that if you get too deep while loading, you run into all kinds of problems with keeping that boat just right mad.gif
I will consider what you said about the water level just above the fender.

------------------
<><<><
Calvinist
><>><>

wallyH

I bought my first boat last year, a 16.5 foot Lund, and have a bunk trailer. Took me about a dozen times before I learned the sweet spot for loading. If I went too deep the back end would never sit right when I pulled it out. Too shallow and I couldn't get the boat all the way on. Now it takes me about 15 seconds to get my boat on the trailer and it's perfect everytime.

Wally

TomWehler

If you really want to keep the bunks, try to put some plastic strips over the carpet.
Be creative, it is fun and easy.

I have a done a few this way for people using strips cut from heavy plastic slip sheets used on pallets that ship produce such as Carrots.
Very slick and east to work with.

You can also cut sections from and old 5 gallon pail and attach them with roofing nails.
Tuff, slick and easy to use.
Save the bread for a new boat?
smile.gif

All kinds of cheap, easy ways to go.

Rollers can also be made but cost a few bucks to put it all together.

You can also save money and make some slick boat guides out of 2" or 3" PVC and some U bolts.
Draw up what you like, measure twice, cut them up and glue together, bolt on, cap and maybe add reflectors or even lights before you cap them.
Tuff and work great as all you do is run the boat up, lock the winch, hook up safty strap and split.
smile.gif
Fun to do.

Just a thought.

Tom Wehler

www.muskytomsguideservice.com

[This message has been edited by TomWehler (edited 04-29-2004).]

dewoutdoor70

the plastic strips work really good with a bunk ,had them on a basstracker bunk trailer

CALVINIST

I like that plastic strip idea!

------------------
<><<><
Calvinist
><>><>

dewoutdoor70

call around to some dealers and see if they carry them

Bird Dog

Hey I can help you out with the plastic strips,drop me an e-mail.

Bird Dog
walleyemasterxxx@yahoo.com

TomWehler

Cabelas has fancy ones for Buck trailers.
I use them on my BIG Eagle trailer and bought TWO packs.
They are 10" X 4" and 1/4" thick. Very Heavy to last under the pressuer of the Lund 2025 Magnm Pro V LE & my Merc 225 Opti.

If you look around your garage or ask some friends I bet you can find something that will work for you.
Save some money and have fun making them work for yourself.

Where you located?
I could maybe help you out.

Going to the Island Saturday on Vermilion as Ice has busted up on Wednesday.
Time to get that BIG Lund in the water and open the cabin.
Will be back in Chisago City Sunday night and all next week.
Drop me a E-mail or call and I can look around my place and see if I have anything that would work for you.
Maybe help put them on for ya.

Tom

www.muskytomsguideservice.com

CALVINIST

Thanks Bird Dog and Tom,

My server isn't up, so I'll e-mail you when I get home from work.

------------------
<><<><
Calvinist
><>><>

[This message has been edited by CALVINIST (edited 04-30-2004).]