• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OPEN SEAT OR LOOKING FOR A FISHING PARTNER?

Spent the day trolling on Lake Superior with B-Man and his pal Aaron ,,,went 11 for 11 with 5 kings 5 cohos and one reptile-lake trout I would like to name lures but every thing we put in the water caught fish so no real pattern to report there most fish came in 80 fow down 30-50 feet down ,,,Real nice day on the water and the good company was a bonus

A huge thanks again Sir smile

The experience and knowledge you passed on today was priceless........

Okay, not really....... Its gonna cost my buddy around $6,000 to rig up his boat for this new addiction LOL!

Too much fun today smile

The best part was when we had Aaron forfeit the next fish to break the hour long lull and not 10 seconds later a King smashed a board!!! I thought I was gonna die LOL! LOL! gringrin

Sounds like you guys had a great day. Congrats!

The only thing good about the wind tomorrow is that I don't have to get up at 3 am to meet Randy. Not that it's my preference but after 10 hours on the river today, a little more sleep won't hurt.

Looking forward to another chance to go with you Randy. Thanks for offering tomorrow.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Sounds like a fun day. Hope the weather cooperates the first part of this week and the wife and I can stick a few.

Good job guys. Which landing did you go out of? I didn't get up to the pond until later on Saturday and ended up taking my mother out for a few hours (she hasn't been fishing in a few years) and we got two lakers. I wanted to get some salmon but alas they were elusive.

Simon

Simon ,,,We went north and will keep following the fish up the shore as they head back to TB to spawn

The best part was when we had Aaron forfeit the next fish to break the hour long lull and not 10 seconds later a King smashed a board!!! I thought I was gonna die LOL! LOL! gringrin

We had to go with the food thing to get them going. I announced I was going to dive into the snacks to get things started. Grabbed a bag of vennie sticks from the cooler and didn't even get them open when one of the rigger rods gets hit. In our alphabetical order that meant Randy got the first one, which was a king.

We proceeded to put a half dozen lakers in the boat without another salmon by the time the waves kicked up enough to call it a day. About 6 hours of trolling but it seemed like 6 minutes. It was a very enjoyable Saturday morning spent in LoonAsea's boat. And for my buddy Shawn and I, we didn't mind catching the lakers. grin One fillet just made me a fine dinner.

The "Firsts" that were queued up for the day:

In a boat on Superior - check

Stopping in to see how great a store Marine General is - check

Shawn catching a smallmouth bass - check

Me catching a king salmon - not checked... Randy figures he can still change that though. smile

The smallmouth for Shawn didn't happen until after we got home from Duluth. We tossed my little boat in the Rum River and fished till dark, catching pike and smallies. Shawn hooked up to a nice 17 incher and lost it at the side of the boat when he tried to lip it. Later he landed a 14.

Randy, it was nice to see you again and I hope to keep you company for another day yet this season.

Thanks!

Know it's short notice, but if the wx is good, might try to sneak in a few more hours in the boat tomorrow morning (Weds, 8/27) before getting on the road back to the Cities. Would launch out of Grand Marais or Tac Harbor so if anyone is in that area and wants to hit the big lake, feel free to shoot me a note Room for two more if interested, can reach me via email at: MLeslie347 'at' gmail.com

Climb I may have an open seat for sat if you still want to get out fishing,,,The lake sure looked calm today ,,hoping for similar weather on saturday

I have family in town this weekend, so unfortunately that won't work. I will keep an eye on this thread for when I am in town, though. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Running up to Lutsen tomorrow morning for a quick trip to retrieve my boat. Weather permitting going to try to get back out on the lake out of GM for a few hours Friday afternoon (26th) or Sat morning (27th) before trailering back home Sat afternoon and putting the boat to bed for the winter. Wife isn't interested in making the trip this time around, so will probably have an open seat or two if anyone is in the area leaf-peeping and wants to get out for a few hours. MLeslie347'at'gmail

• 6 months later...

Looking to fish the Wisc side Sunday april 26th ,,have an open seat or 2 ,,,You will need a wi lic and gl trout stamp e-mail or pm if interested

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm going to be up in Duluth on May 30-31 and was hoping to tag along with someone that has an open seat on Lake Superior. Haven't had a chance to get out there before and would like to learn the ropes. I can split gas, bring snacks etc. If you're looking to trade a trip I'm a Mississippi Pool 4 veteran that can take you out for Walleye year round, Flathead Catfish, Sturgeon, everything the river has to offer. I've got linecounter combos with leadcore, dipseys etc. that I can bring along. If you've got a spot either reply here or shoot me a text/call 320-266-1423. 

Thanks!

Eric

• Thumbs Up 1

EW6 I can let you know later in the week if I have an open seat ,,,The lake is kinda murky with the rain we got recently and more is forecast for the holiday weekend  keep your eye on this tread and more info will follow ,,,,would you be willing to buy a wi lic ???

• Thumbs Up 2

LoonASea -

That would be great if you kept me updated as the weekend got closer! I was planning on getting a Wisconsin License and whatever stamps I'd need there. I already have a Minnesota trout stamp.  

Gotta thank LoonASea for trying to get me out this weekend, a little mishap involving a little too personal introduction to the waters of Lake Superior at the launch kept me shore bound for the day but I'll be looking that much more to the next time I can get out. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Randy told me about your little mishap :crazy:

I was going to go out but the height of the waves kept me home both days this weekend. There will always be another day and hopefully a little warmer.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

The opportunity just arose for me to sneak up to Duluth for a couple of days this week.  I'll have a couple of open seats on Weds (6/10) AM and/or PM if anyone is interested.     Was planning to launch out of Loon's Foot and fish the WI side of the line, but giving some consideration to McQuade as well.   Know it is super short-notice but feel free to email if available/interested.   MLeslie347'at'gmail.com

• 1 year later...

Looking to fill a seat or two for this friday July 1st ,,,Had things lined up with others that fell thru so short notice or not Im looking to fill open seats for the Mn side of the lake 

• Thumbs Up 2

I would be all over this if I didn't have a guide trip Randy.  Call or text me next time..  Would love to log some big lake hours with ya man

• 4 weeks later...

I am in Duluth and home alone this weekend. My boat is in the shop, and I'd love to get out and fish if anyone wants a partner. Open to inland or the big lake, but I don't have any big lake gear to contribute.  Would pay my share of fuel and any other incidental costs.  

I fish bass and walleye inland for the most part, but open to anything.  I have MN and WI licenses, and trout validations for both.

• 5 months later...

Hi all-  So this is a unique one. I am on medical leave after heart surgery. I am basically fully recovered except I have restrictions on lifting, pulling, pushing, etc. while the sternum finishes healing. So the short story is that I can fish, but I can't drag sleds, set up my shack, start an auger, drill holes...  

So... If anyone fishes in the Duluth area that might have a spot in their shack, I would love to take advantage of this time off work.  I can pay for bait, and bring all my own rods and tackle.  Heck, I will supply the beer, too.

Just a normal guy that fishes, hunts, hikes, and likes sports and beer.  Pretty easy to get along with.

Shot it the dark, I know.  

• 4 months later...

Figured it would be worth a try.  Going to be in Duluth this weekend and I will have some availability for fishing.  Willing to pay for gas/bait/food/drinks to go out on a boat and catch some.  Let me know if anyone has an open seat.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 years later...

Had 2 guys bail for a trip to Isle Royale aug 12th thru 15th,,, Found 1 replacement but looking for a 3rd to fill my boat ,,,I know its short notice but don't know that I am willing to go with just 2 guys ,,, Makes steering, netting and reeling a pain ,,, PM if interested