• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Panfish on Fish Lake?

Fish- N- Hunt

I was planning on bringing my daughter out fishing on Sunday, it seems to be the only way the wife will let me go. I want to try Fish lake (maple grove area), But really have no idea where to even start. I hope I can find some action for her, any help or information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fish- N- Hunt

Try all along the same side as where the beach is at. Fish the shoreline from the big fishing pier all the way to the beach. I've had a fair amount of luck with the crappies there (lived about 2 miles from there until i moved by tonka), I've found very few keepers there but hope fully it will be enough to keep your daughter busy

------------------
To be the man you have to beat the man....Wooooooooo

I'll give u some spot I've hit and had great sucess this year if u give me your e-mail, I just don't want to give them out to the whole forum this lake is too precious to get hammered by lots of people

That would be great if you would do that for me, I really want to find some action for her and couldn't agree with you more. Please shoot me an e-mail [email protected].

Thanks

Fish- N- Hunt

I hope you get this in time, I know it's late but i just sent it. Good luck tommorow!

Thanks for the info, i'll probably start there and see if i can get a few. my gf's house is the one directly across from the fishing pier so itll be easy enough to access. were you using plain hooks with minnows or did you have some kind of a jig on there? thanks for the help i really appreciate it, now im getting excited for the weekend

Honestly i'm a pretty crappy crappie fisherman,(no pun intended) I typicaly use just a minnow and a bobber or a flu flu and a waxie, thats basically all, I think i was just using a bobber and a minnow

------------------

Hey guys, I currently go to the U of M and love to fish crappies and plan on heading out to Fish Lake this weekend. I am lucky enough to have access to her dad's canoe so i will be out in that but i was wondering if anyone could tell me if the back channels are any good. i canoed around the lake the other day and found a feew spots id like to try and that channel with all the piers and some downed trees looked promising. also you say along the shore from the fishing pier to the beach is pretty deep there, i was wondering if you could tell me how deep you usually fish them there?? any info would gladly be appreciated and i will definitely post on how i do this weekend assuming i get out. if you would like to email me some info my email is [email protected] thanks again guys for any help! good luck

ok my last post kind of doesnt make sense in the first part. i meant to say that my girlfriend lives on that lake and ill be going out in their canoe. not that it really matters but i just thought id clear that up. maybe i should proofread these things before hit the submit button.

Hopefully fish n hunt will report back how he did out there this weekend and maybe be able to give you some ideas. When i would fish from the pier to the beach I would fish about 6-8 feet (bobber fish ) in between the weeds. If you find a good pocket of them you can catch a ton but did not find many keepers whatsover (maybe it was before the females got in there so hopefully you;ll have better luck then I did)

------------------

[This message has been edited by wmn luv me walleye fearme (edited 04-28-2004).]

Well i went out in search of crappies this weekend, but the water really cleared up and i couldnt seem to find them. i fished in the channel that is across from the beach and caught some nice bass while fishing for crappies. Also caught a couple of monster bluegills on minnows, but no crappies. any help on where to find them would be appreciated. thanks.

I lived on this lake from 4th grade up through high school. I also fished it periodically until my parents sold the house 4 years ago. Before it got fully developed, it was one hell of a lake to fish. We used to pull very good bass and pike out of there on a regular basis.

We always had to sort through the panfish to get keepers, but there was always plenty of action.

We always got the biggest bass in the early morning hours, working the docks and sandy shores adjacent to weedlines with plastic worms and topwaters or rapala shallow divers worked like a topwater.

We got big pikeon the deep weedlines by the park. This was before the access (or the milfoil)was there, however.

I'm thinking of throwing the canoe in there a couple of times this summer to see how much it's changed.