• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Croix Access

Can anyone direct me to a good access on the St. Croix? I have heard some very good things about the river and thought I would invest some time there this summer.

Dockeye there is a good forum here just for the St Croix.I spend abouth 2-3 days a week down there and the fishing can be great.Just last weekend we cought that gar and big rainbow(1st trout we ever caught out there)in the braggin board.Just do a search in that Croix forum and there should be plenty of info in there.There is a landing in hastings,prescott,bluffs park(denmark township),afton,lakeland,and a few in stillwater,many north of there but dont know where it closest.If you need any help let me know.Just remember Weekends Suck out there with the big boats.And even some weekdays.Make it terrable trying to control
your boat with the wake some through at ya.

North of Taylers Falls on the Wisconsin or MN is nice and the action is even better. Good luck and make sure to through a corolina rigged lizard for smallies.

Thanks for the info. I would love any tips on the walleyes there. I am not a veteran river man. When you say busy are you talking Minnetonka busy?

On the weekend it is that busy.Throught the week its not too bad.Really the Croix is underfished if there is such a thing but it gets overrun by big boats.Real early in the mornings are ok but by 9-10am its a highway.
What area are you looking to fish?The area I am speaking of is stillwater to prescott.