• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

open water crappies

Any one catching crappies yet I am going to take the boat out on tuesday. I am going to prior, spring or shields I don't know yet. Probably prior. Whee is a good place to start. I haven't ben out this early in a boat.

I talked to my buddy who lives on Black Lake on Tonka. He took his canoe out caught alot of nice sunnies and he got 3 crappies throwing a flu flu. If I didn't have a tee time at 1 today. I would be out there fishing today alot wind but there are spots you can get out of it. Tonka should be all the way open after these winds today. So I would expect Prior to be open also.With this early ice out we could see some great spring action. grin.gif

Rip Lips

Pretty much all the smaller lakes under 50 acres or so are 100% open now (have been since Sat/Sun) I know a number of the Eagan ponds can produce early crappies from shore. Either that or I might get back to the river. The carp are biting allready smile.gif

2 weeks and it won't matter, as hopefully I can have the boat out by then smile.gif

PLfisherman

I sure wish I had a vacation day join ya. I did very well early season last year on Prior for crappies. I have a few spots that are consistant but won't give 'em up on here. Only way someone's getting information out of me on my home lake is to be in their boat and following me or in the passengers seat of my boat holding my beer.

Let me see if the fish are there before I go making any recommendations....

Good luck.

Hey wastewater, what about in my boat, or your boat but with me providing the beer?
You actually helped me out once with some info on prior about a year ago or so so even if we get skunked I kinda figure you had the beer coming anyhow, ( I emailed you for some info and you helped me with a good spot)

------------------
To be the man you have to beat the man....Wooooooooo

Well..........

OK...twist my arm why don't ya.

I'm kinda of a tramp when it comes to fishing...........I'll buy my own drinks and still get in your boat with ya.

My boat....your boat....both boats and some friends....I don't care, as long as I'm fishing.

Sadly I have a job that doesnt allow me to fish much during the week. Sucks that the lake is always so busy on the weekends, but I still manage to find a few.

I will be able to fish the occasional evening, but will save those till the days are a little longer.

You can always email me at wastewaterguru at hotmail dot com.

had good luck on number of 11" to 12" crappies today. caught one 3# walleye (released of course) fun on light tackle.

I'm the same way with my job, i get home at 7 so any fishing i do during the week would be only at minnetonka (right by my house) and most of it will happen in the dark. Well hopefully i'll find a time when you are heading out to prior on the weekend in the mean time since i've never fished tonka for crappies (just moved by there in november) hopefully i track down a couple good spots of my own

------------------
To be the man you have to beat the man....Wooooooooo