Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
local boy

medicine lake

local boy    0
local boy

i think i was the last person to ice fish med, i fished it on march 26, fishing was very good, i caught about 50 or 60 perch biggest was 9, i also caught 6 walleyes biggest was 6 inches, i fished all along the south shore, everywhere i 15 feet of water i found the fish, and i also caught quite a few large shiners, they where like 6 in, we had to take a boat to the ice but it was all worth it oh and i got burnt from the sun

Roughfisher    0
Roughfisher

Congrats - but are you sure those fish were shiners? The DNR Gillnet report says there are Goldeyes in Medicine Lake, and I have always been curious to know if it is true. A 6 inch goldeye would look a lot like a shiner...

MedicineMan    1
MedicineMan

Hey Local Boy, that must've been you that I saw out there on Friday. I got the boat out on Friday and I'm takin' it for a spin out on Med sometime this week. I'm gonna bring the VCR out with me so I can do some more filming with the Aqua-Vu. smile.gif Roughfisher, I have a feeling that the Goldeye that the DNR caught was a stray. The Goldeye most likely came from the Mississippi. During high water fish can easily swim up Bassett Creek from the Mississippi.

moby1    0
moby1

Good to hear local boy is back in action. Guess I should get my boat ready to go out. I havent fished in a week and am getting anxious for the feel of fish tugging on the line.!!!!!

local boy    0
local boy

rough

you may be right but they looked more like shiners to me. how do u guys usually do right after ice out?

Doonbuggy    1
Doonbuggy

a few more days and they should be in the backwaters of french park. 1/64oz jig under a bobber has worked best in the past.

MedMan - anywhere else you find spring crappies on Med?

DB

huskiesplayer15    0
huskiesplayer15

Hey guys that back bay you are talking about is that fishable from shore? i am on spring break now but no boat, really want to chase them!
Best Fishes
Chris

MedicineMan    1
MedicineMan

DB, the backwaters of French Park are the best Crappie spots from what I hear. That entire back bay is shallow and muddy, so if you have a boat check that out as well. I personally don't fish for Crappies. I won't fish untill opener. Untill then I'm gonna do some exploring. smile.gif

MedicineMan    1
MedicineMan

Huskies, you can very easily fish the back channels from shore. Oh yeah, I'm 99.9% certain that I'm taking the boat out on Medicine on thursday. I need to get out on the open water so bad I've got the shakes! grin.gif

Norsky    1
Norsky

So what's the word on Medicine, is the ice completely out???

local boy    0
local boy

just biked down to med and it is totally ice free, i saw two things that i didnt like, one disapointing thing i saw was that i saw people fishing for northerns, and the other was i saw numerous nrortherns with jigs in the side of them and others that had been snagged and had big sores on them

MedicineMan    1
MedicineMan

Hey Local Boy, when you see people doing that, call up the DNR. I've seen some pretty shady stuff go down around Medicine the past few years. I give the DNR a call and the next day they're out there inspecting everything. You really don't see anyone breaking any laws once the CO's are out there. smile.gif

local boy    0
local boy

not a bad idea, do u happen to have the DNR's number?

Ole the Guide    0
Ole the Guide

Local Boy,
Where on Earth on Medicine were these guys snagging Northerns. I was at French Park today and all I saw was a couple of people jigging for crappies.
Ole

MedicineMan    1
MedicineMan

Ole, Local Boy is referring to the people that fish West Medicine Lake Park. The back waters of Plymouth Creek are a popular fishing spot. I didn't see anyone fishing in the back channels when I stopped by French Park after class today. I was standing by the launch watching the ice break up. Thats soooo cool to watch! smile.gif

Ole the Guide    0
Ole the Guide

Med Man,
Okay I gotcha! Yeah, I was also by the launch around 10am watching the ice break up. It is pretty cool to see it go. Especially when you have to wait this long to fish open water.
I usually stay away from the West side of the lake. Thanks for the info!
Ole

------------------
"Please release me let me go"

ScottMN    0
ScottMN

Northerns go after anything (jigs) so to say someone is Targeting Northerns would have to be convincing. I wouldn't switch lures, unless I had 3 illegal fish, then try something else.. Just a thought.

local boy    0
local boy

yeh the back waters of west med park have many people doin illegal things, i've seen peopl take home way more than there limit, people catching bass before the opener and keeping them, and numerous other things, its a very disterbing thing to see

huskiesplayer15    0
huskiesplayer15

Could anyone give me directions to west medicine park or to french? I need to get out and this lake sounds like fun.
Best Fishes
Chris

MedicineMan    1
MedicineMan

huskiesplayer15, I see that you live up in Andover. Thats quite a drive down to Medicine. Heres a map for ya to look at:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?c ountry=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&address=&city=medicine+lake&state=mn&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map

That little red star is of course, Medicine Lake. Hope this helps! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by MedicineMan (edited 04-06-2004).]

huskiesplayer15    0
huskiesplayer15

Thanks Medicine man, I plan on coming down today. Thanks for the directions.
Best Fishes
Chris

MedicineMan    1
MedicineMan

Well, looks like I'm taking the boat out tomorrow. Its supposed to be pretty windy, but that just means less boats out there. smile.gif

local boy    0
local boy

i saw my first boat on open water, thats always a good sign