Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Minnesota Fishing Report Clubs - ONLY 20 FREE MEMBERSHIPS Per Area - Join Today - FREE   03/08/2018

Fishing Minnesota has added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. Initially we are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20 members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want see detailed fishing reports/tips  around your area and will share your detailed fishing report as soon as you join, then Join Now! Some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Southern MN. LETS

Southern Minnesota L.E.T.S.
Tournament Schedule
June 19 / Cedar Lake (near Fairbault) - Rice County
July 17 / Francis Lake - Le Sueur County
August 21 / Zumbro Lake - Olmstead County
September 25 / Tetonka Lake - Le Sueur County

Top 3 of 4 events will count towards overall standings (allows teams to miss an event or toss out their worst event).

Official Rules and Information
L.E.T.S. is a league format event in which teams of 2
anglers compete for points. This is a multi-species
tournament series which allows for a wide variety of
fishing options.
League Size- 15 teams
Teams- 2 people must sign up to be league members.
Teams may use substitutes, but at least 1 registered
team member must participate.
Cost- League fees for 2004 will be $300 per team. All
fees will go towards event pay-outs, overall champion
payouts, and any
league expenses. The first 15 teams to send in their
dues will be allowed into the league. Last year’s
participants are allowed to register first.

Pay-out Schedule(based on a 15 team league):
Individual event pay-outs
1st-5th place Payout
Season championship pay-outs
1st-5th place Payout

Big Fish for each event will recieve a prize (to be announced).

1st place team in addition to payout, will recieve a tackle pack from Catch'n Tackle

1st place overall for the season will recieve a Catch'n Tackle Pack, other prizes (to be announced) and a nice payout (TBD).

Event Payouts have not been finalized yet at this time.

Thanks very much to the following sponsors of the METRO LETS:

Catch'n Tackle (1st place tackle prizes)
Catch'n Tackle

Events- Each event will be a 1 day tournament.

All events will run from 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. with a lunch break / weigh-in at 11 a.m. unless otherwise stated (1 hr. maximum). This will allow for fish caught in the first part of the day to be weighed and released earlier.

The break can be waived if needed for some reason (requires a vote from league officers).

General Rules- L.E.T.S. prides itself as being a
catch-and-release league. Taking some fish for the pan
is fine (selective harvest is strongly encouraged.)
1.) All rules and regulations of the State of Minnesota
must be observed at all times. There will also be a
boat and trailer inspection for aquatic vegetation
prior to teams launching their boat.
2.) A cell phone (OR PERSONAL RADIO) must be in the
boat at all times. This is necessary for safety and to
contact other teams for large fish verification.
3.) Teams must respect other teams. No fishing within
30 yards of another team will be allowed unless
invited by said team to do so. Non league boats must
also be respected at all times.
4.) All check-in deadlines will be strictly enforced. A
watch synchronization will take place each morning.
5.) There will be a staggered start. Teams will draw
for starting position before each event. Boats will
then leave the starting point in 5 second intervals
with the last team being the starter boat. After the
break, this order will be reversed.
6..) Scoring- The scoring system will be based on weight
converted to points. There will also be points awarded
for attendance.
Point values- 1 lb of fish = 1 pt (Across the board
for all species)
Attendance= 2 points per event
Walleye= Minimum size = 12 inches
Pike= Minimum size = 20 inches
LM/SM Bass= Minimum size = 12 inches
Sunfish= Minimum size = 7 inches
Crappie= Minimum size = 9 inches
Perch = Minimum size = 9 inches
Lake Trout= Minimum size = 16 inches
Muskie= Any legal fish will be worth 25 points
Catfish = state limits apply (will not be using the liberal border water limits and slots)
One bonus point will be awarded for each Pike,
Walleye, Bass combination brought in for a maximum
bonus of 3 points (1 pike, 1 walleye, 1 bass = 1 bonus pt. 2 of each species = 2 bonus pts., up to 3 maximum).

A running point total will be kept towards an end of
the year league champion. These points will be based
on order of finish. 1st place will receive 15 points,
second 14, and so on plus attendance points. Ties will
be determined by largest fish caught. End of year
ties for score points winner will be determined by
total weight calculated for the year.
7.) Limits- Each team will be allowed one persons'
legal limit per day.
8.) Lifejackets- The wearing of lifejackets while teams
boat is under power of main engine is strongly
9.) Live wells- All boats must have a live well or
other means such as a cooler with an aerator capable
of keeping fish alive. Stringers and fish baskets will
not be allowed.
10.) Fishable waters- Any water that can be accessed by
boat without having to pull, push or drag the boat
will be deemed tournament water. The use of a
push-pole, oar or paddle will be allowed.
11.) All teams must remain in their boat except in case of
emergency, or at breaks and weigh-ins.
12.) Fishing in Minnesota presents a wide range of
weather conditions that anglers must face. Events will
only be cancelled in the event of lightning. The event
will not be completely cancelled, only postponed until
the lightning has passed. In event of lightning, all
boats must return to the starting area within 1/2 hour
from time lightning is spotted by league president.
This will allow ample time for teams to reach safety.
Teams failing to report in will loose all points for
that day except under conditions where teams must take
immediate cover and unable to make it back to the
starting point. Teams will be contacted by cell phone
or marine band radio if a postponement is called.
13.) All rules and scoring decisions will be made by
league president and are final. In the event of a
rules violation or conflict by the league president,
the league vice president will make the call. Any
rules changes will be announced prior to each event.
14.) All on the water verification will be done using
published formulas to decide weight. All formulas will
be posted prior to the first event.

15.) Short fish penalty. Any fish more than 1/4" under
prescribed length will be thrown out including 50% of
teams largest fish. This rule shall also apply with a
slot fish violation.
16.) Impose 30% weight penalty for any published rule
17.) Random drawing for a complete bag check at weigh-ins.
Every fish in the bag gets measured on the official
stick. No one knows until they come to the scales if
they are going to be measured or not. This doesn't
mean that a measurement on any other fish or bag can
not be requested at any time.

To request further information on Southern Minnesota L.E.T.S., please contact:

League President
Lloyd Pearson
Email address:

League Vice President/Weighmaster
(position now open, email if interested)

League Treasurer
Dave Hoggard

2004 Application Available

To Join, complete application and send full payment of $200 per team to:

Lloyd Pearson
726 Wall St.
N. Mankato, MN 56003

Please Make Checks Payable to:
"Dave Hoggard / Southern MN. LETS FISHING TOURNAMENT".

Any team member that fished in 2004 will have the first chance to fish again in '05. Those spots will be held for '04 team members until March 1, 2005 or until payment is recieved.

Please contact this league if you are interested in being a S.M./L.E.T.S. tournament sponsor!

Posted by:
Dave Hoggard

Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Tom Herman (edited 04-01-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 04-01-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 04-01-2004).]

Wow! That was quick Dave I just got home from the meeting.
Ok people the lakes and dates are set and posted above. So is my contact info if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them. We should have a sign up sheet posted shortly. We do need one more officer VP/Weighmaster. If anyone is interested in this position please email me. This is probably the most important position as you'll be in charge of weighing the fish. And making sure I don't screw up and mark them down wrong. smile.gif

Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 03-31-2004).]

Is the fee 200 per team or 300? Maybe I missed something but I believe in your last post both #'s were used. Could you please clarify for me . Thanks

In the best interests of LETS we are granting a one year exemption for the Southern MN League. They will have 4 events and a $200 Dues per team.

It works out to $25/person/event. All the money is used for expenses or payout.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 04-01-2004).]

Sounds good. Thanks guys.

I am proud to announce that Rippinlip is our new VP/Weighmaster. Thanks for stepping up and taking this position Ripinlip.

Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 04-01-2004).]

Hey guys, glad everything got straightened out. just wondering where i can get an application at? cant wait to get started.

Dan Wood will have an application up soon or you can use the Statewide application, cross out their info and put in the info from Catch-n's post above and follow his directions above.

You can see applications by going to:

Click on the Register link. smile.gif

Don't wait too long to join, time is short and the LETS Events are a blast smile.gif

Who's in?