• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sweeney

There are DNR Signs Posted near the west side of Courage Center but I have yet to find a Public Access. Anyone know what I should do? aside from Hiking in with a portable near Bare Butt Beach on The back side (pun intended) of Twin.

You would have to trespass in order to reach Sweeney from there. This has been debated, but it is a fact. I'm amazed how little pressure Twin gets. It must have some nice fish in it. Sweeney is really stained due to run-off from the highway 100 remodel. I hope in a year or so vegetation will take hold and stop this muddy water.

My sisters best friend lives on Sweeney. I've portaged a canoe through their yard and fished Sweeney. There's no real size to the panfish in Sweeney. She's got some big Northerns in her though. Twin holds the bigger panfish, and the waters a lot clearer. You'd think there wouldn't be such a big difference in clarity between the two.

There is a short footpath you can access to get to the SW corner of Sweeney.

Now, I haven't been there in maybe 15 years, but if you look at the map on the dnr page, you'll see a road that goes close to the SW corner of the lake.

Off of there, if they haven't changed things a path used to exist where you could fish or launch a canoe.

A friend of mine pulled in about a 17lb northern where the mouth of the creek is. Again, about 15yrs ago.

DB