• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tonka Story

So I was shore fishing this morning at Minnetonka. I always go for walleyes but of course that never pans out for me. I manage to hook a nice bass but couldn't land it. After an hour there was no more bites from the bigger fish, so I switched to fishing for sunnies to bring home. I was doing pretty good with nice hand size sunnies till a big lumbering muskie ( i think around 30-40" give or take a a few due to water refraction) parked himself 5ft away from me. Being not a big fan of pike/muskies I avoided him and casted my panfish jig as far behind him as my ultra-light gear could. I'm sitting there trying to ignore him when i get a hit on my jig. I moved a few feet down the shoreline to try to land my sunnie when this big flash of white came rushing over to hit my poor sunnie. Next thing I know I'm battling a probable 40" muskie on ultra-light rod/reel , 6lb test and panfish jig lol. After 5 mins of an ever losing battle, he finally cut my line. Boy was I thankful lol, I had nothing to land him with that is to say I could pull him in in the first place.

I've fished Tonka for while now, and glad to see these nice muskies laugh

Wow! That's the really fun type of story every kid DREAMS of! Look at you all: "I tried to avoid him but..." C'Mon!!! You loved every minute of that!!! Exhilerating! Congrats on a fun morning anyway...

Haha, I really did my best to avoid him. But ya, it was pretty fun fighting something of that size on ultralight.

Yea Rui, I'm sure it was fun even if you didn't want to get him on your line. That had to be a battle.