Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
basseye

Please give opinion for Vermillion

basseye

Hello all,

I am going to Elephant lake 8-28. I have been going up there for 4 years on labor day weekend and have had a tough time boating walleye's. I am considering taking a day trip over to Vermillion for walleye... but I have never been on that lake before. I do have good electronics, and have done a lot of walleye fishing, but know nothing about that lake. I have 6 guys coming in from around the country for only 4 days, and dont want to waste a whole day. In your opinions, would I be able to have a productive day? I have fished many nothern sheild lakes like Kab and Crane, and it usually takes a day figure things out.

Any thought's/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Basseye

Hank48

Best advice I can give is to hire a guide the 1st day. He will not only put you on to fish but will give you information to help you locate fish the rest of the time you are out there.

PSU

You will find a beautiful lake that has good walleye fishing especially with proper electronics and understanding of structure....my experience (one off the dock...but more tubing than anything) last weekend with three young kids has been tough, but a lot of my friends claim to be doing well (reefs in bays) with the exception of one. We are looking forward to a long next weekend, and hopefully its picked up.

SledNeck

Elephant is a nice lake but if you are interested in coming up and consistantly catching walleyes, then vermilion (especially that time of year) is by far your better bet.

Its fairly easy to catch fish on vermilion compared to lakes like Crane and Kab.

basseye

Hey sledneck,

Thanks for your involvment with this website, You seem to always reply to postings.

If I went to V, do I need to go all the way around to Tower, or where should I put in since I am coming from Orr?

Any word on how the walleye bite has been on V in the last couple weeks.

Is there any other lake that you might suggest for a day trip for walleye?

Thanks,

Basseye

SledNeck

You can drive to the Fraizer bay landing...its like 10 minutes from Cook. You can also land at moccasin point.

Ive been doing excellent for walleyes at Rainy Lake for the last 3 weekends in a row.

basseye

If I put in on that end of the lake, has the fishing been good recently? Any spots on that end that you know of that have been producing eye's?

SledNeck

Reefs on big bay have been producing fish now. In september and beyond I like to fish shorelines...deeper in the day and shallower at night. Fall is my favorite time to fish walleyes on Vermilion.

hanso612

You can take the backroads from Elbow to Vermillion dam in a heartbeat. Ed at the Dam can hook you up with a guide and has a fair landing. I have had good walleye fishing trolling bottom bouncers on the weedline on the north east end of the lake. Fish the windblown shore during the day and longline Rapalas at dusk. The reefs on Niles bay can be productive too.

If you put in through Cook, Hibbing point and the reef off of it are always worth a try. The landing by Life of Riley is close to good weedline fishing as well.

If your willing to treck a little Ban lake north of Elbow can kick out bass and crappies like crazy if your willing to paddle

Good luck, Hans

Cliff Wagenbach

The Frazer Bay landing would be a good choice. The walleye bite in that area has been very good this week.

Cliff