• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bigfoot season?

magnum mike

While headed to the cabin this weekend, my wife was telling me about the "Bigfoot" corpse that was discovered in Georgia. Our conversation took a few turns but one of the questions I would like to submit here. If a hunter or any one else shot & killed a Bigfoot in Minnesota, would there be any sort of penalty? Would it be considered a person or an animal (what kind)?

Never thought about it being illegal. Good thing the aliens got the one I shot. whistle

I haven't shot one yet but I got one that will make Pope & Young on my trail camera.

Originally Posted By: Jackpine Rob
Check this out for info on hunting Bigfoot in NE Minnesota.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/hansen.htm

Quite the story...I see it is from 2001. Guess the real truth has not come out yet.

actually it says it was written in 1970 then put into the bigfoot magazine in 2001.

As much nonsense as this story could be, personally I kinda believe it.

Funny thing is I was camping out at whiteface a couple weeks ago with some buddies. We were out in the pitch black of night and hear this loud funny noise and something huge went crashing through the woods close enough to us to make on of my friends scream and take off running. I kinda laughed assuming it could of been a deer, moose, or even a black bear. I said to my buddy that ran and said "it was probably just bigfoot, he's around here somewhere" He didn't think it was as funny as I did.

Also on the bigfoot stories, I have a different buddy who is a pretty serious person. He was up in the boundry waters canoeing with his dad. They were way up in the BW and hadn't seen another person in days. After a rainy night they left to go down about a 1 mile portage. He told me they were walking and saw what looked like a footprints from a human but huge. He wears size 14 boots and told me that his boot fit in this human like print. They kept going and suddenly saw 3 sets of prints but the others were smaller. He realized they forgot something at the previous landing and ran back. Going back he saw that all 3 tracks had circled around and started following them stepping on their tracks. He got what he needed rushed to the next lake and went on continuing their trip. still not seeing anyone for a few more days. He told me this story once and his dad confirmed it. Neither of them are people that would [PoorWordUsage] about this so I believe them. He says he doesn't like to even tell the story because it freaks him out to think about it.

I'm a bigfoot believer and I think if they could be anywhere, northern Minnesota is where they would be.

ELE

well they announced now that the georgia bifoot was actually a big suit and wasnt a big foot

There are some pretty serious "cryptozoologists" out there who want to believe. Unfortunately there tactics are a lot like ghost hunting. You have some scientific data that you don't know how to interpret and don't ask and assume that it points to bigfoot. Like EM fields and cold spots for ghosts. These things may be strange our outliers in your sample field, but they don't point to their conclusions.

Remember, human memory is terribly fallible. This is why anecdotal evidence (the "I saw it, so it is real.") is not acceptable to many skeptics. I vividly remember things that never happened. It is usually because I combine several memories together and then the rest gets filled in by people or stories I have heard on television or radio. Did you ever wonder why aliens all look the same, but only after the popular images were seen by millions?

I am skeptical bigfoot exists, but it isn't hurting anyone to look for it. As long as it doesn't lead to the "government conspiracy" line or they try and endanger people or bilk money from them.

So.. back to the point of the original post. Go ahead and shoot, but remember to yell out, "It is coming right for us!"

Did anybody read the news reports of a wild hog in Detroit Lakes earlier this week? Later is was shot by a resident and it turned out to be a pot bellied pig, not a wild hog. (DNR was relieved, they were worried about another invasive species.) But the link to this thread is this: in the article, the government rep (DNR I think) had stated that it was legal to shoot the supposed wild hog becasue it wasn't specifically protected and/or that species doesn't have an established season, therefore if you apply the same reasoning, shooting Bigfoot must be legal. Unless we can get the state legislature to list it as endangered.....

People have actually tried to get them listed so that they don't get killed by us rednecks. I don't want to link to potentially circumspect sites, but do a quick google search and you will see it happened earlier last year in Canada.

I don't think it ever actually made it through though.

i personally dont believe there are big foots around im more of a SHOW ME and ill believe. But it does get you thinking of how much we dont know about this world. simple things such as wisconsin all of a sudden saying they misjudged the bear count by almost half saying there are twice as many bears. How about the finding of all those Gorillas in AFRICA that had never been seen before. I believe our next great finds will be from the ocean though seeing as most of it is vast and uncharted territory. Then you get to thinking our world hasnt even been explored fully how about other planets. very interesting. I have never seen ghosts and dont want to. But id rather see ghost hunters than someone trying to find chupacabra, and bigfoot

I spend alot of time doing the photography thing here in Hibbing(Carey Lake area) and a co-worker mentioned if I've run into "the bigfoot" out there yet....Wot cry.....I told him I've spent years out there and never came across anything remotely close to anything the size of an overstuffed gorrila grin....anyways he said a couple years ago a team of "bigfoot" hunters flew into Hibbing and set up surveillance devices to try and find a bigfoot!.....well..the same guy"Biscardi"...(the guy on the news recently involved with the "georgia Hoax Bigfoot") was in Hibbing looking for the hibbing(Carey Lake) big foot.....Don't think they ever found it though grin....here's a site of the Hibbing bigfoot search team and results from a couple years ago http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/Minnesota_August_2006 apparently Hibbing has a bigfoot in it's woods grin

thanks for posting that link johhny. Good story, could of been anything though.

did you hear the guy from EASTON hunting that caught something on his camera if you go the the well known site to search videos at for type in CIRCIEIT which is the name of the poster and you should find it titled UNKNOWN CREATURE