• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thanks to FM!

You folks already know what a great site this is, but sometimes members really step up and go out of their way to help another FM'r.

My wife and I recently went on an extended road trip. I had one day in Montana that I had some time to fish. I asked for help in the Montana forum. After a couple decent responses, one guy, sarpycreekboy, offered to take me to his favorite fishin' hole. Turns out it was on the world famous Bighorn River.

I met him at 5am about 45 minutes from where we were staying in Billings. We were off! After another 30 minute drive we we on the river. Even a badly leaking boot couldn't stop my excitement. Although he didn't think the fishing was great, I had the time of my life. I landed 8 trout up to 18-19" and had that many more right up to me that I couldn't get a hand on. We caught fish on just about everything thrown into the water. Sarpy was very generous with his knowledge, and lures. At the end of the day, he wouldn't even let me buy him lunch.

I just wanted to take a moment and thank all the great members of FM, especially sarpycreekboy for making this such a great place to spend the hours not on the water or in the field.

I hope someday I'll be able to return the favor to someone else.

Yes, there are many FMers here that are more than willing to go the extra mile. Great to hear it worked out for you.

Great story DonBo, glad you had an awesome trip! And thanks to sarpycreekboy for making this a story to pass along!!!!

That's awesome Don. Love getting out with fellow FMr's myself. Glad you had a good time on your trip. We'll have to make it out again sometime soon.

I hope someday I'll be able to return the favor to someone else.

I'm sure that would please him the most. Thanks for sharing such a neat experience. We sometimes only hear about the bozos and never about the great folks out there.

- Wish

I've met and fished with many FM'ers, and I hope that continues. This is truely a collection of some of the finest people the mid-west has to offer.

I have spent time on the water with 3 or 4 FM'ers already up on Cass Lake and the number continues. I have already talked to a few for our trip in July of 09, pretty neat. All have been top notch guys, that's why so many of us stick around!

Windy

I've never fished with fellow FM'ers but have met and photographed with a few. They were rewarding experiences.

Great to hear you had such a good time.

It's alway's nice to hear other peoples stories.

Sifty

I've never fished with fellow FM'ers but have met and photographed with a few. They were rewarding experiences.

I fish and hunt almost exclusivly with FM'ers. Being from out of state, I would say about 85% of the friends I have in MN have come from this site. It's awesome. cool

Thanks DonBo,

Like I told you, I am not use to fishing the river at the current flows I, am use to 1700 to 1900 CFS flows, it was at 2800 when you were here. . I need to relearn how to fish the san juan worms in a faster flow,I was having a heck of a time, but I did manage a couple of smaller rainbows, Maybe I should have used a heaver weight. I'll figure it out. One of these days I will put down the spinner rod and break out the fly rod, but I have such a good time using the Big Horn Streamer with the spinner reel. If you know what I mean.

til next time

Sarpy

It's great to hear the stories of FMers sharing knowledge with other FMers outside of the boards. Thanks for sharing!

This is what FM is all about. Thanks for sharing the storys and myself i look forword to meeting some of the people on this great site and hitting the water with them myself.

If only more of them put there bios on your site. Not too many updates lately. I can't figure out if they are reluctant to do so, or just don't want to post where the ladies do. If they would read thru, they would figure out why so of have done so.

I found out via the bios that I actually know some of the people posting. And it's almost as fun as the 20" box fan. grin