• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Osakis and the womans GTG

THe womans GTG is happining next weekend on Lake Osakis and we would love to have any advice on fishing the lake. We will be targeting pannies and eyes. We are staying at Idelwood and will be fishig saturday and sunday. We would love to catch more fish then we caught on Mille Lacs at our last GTG. Any help would be wonderfull.

Hope

I see no replies, so I'll give you my very uninformed advice! When we were up there a few weeks ago, for the first time in a few years, we couldn't find the panfish. So we targeted walleyes most of the time. We caught a lot of small (8-12 inchers) by lindy rigging and slip bobbers. We had our most success on the sunken island in the northern part of the lake, but also caught a few on one of the main lake bars-Johnson if I remember right. The best bite was in the evening but we had steady action all day. Hard to find a keeper though.

That's the best I can give you. Hope it helps.

I would agree with Bradyd. I know people have been getting some fish (sunnies) on half mile. Like he said though I would be looking on all the bars for fish or off the rocks. also out in miller I heard of some people getting fish in the evening pulling cranks. I would stick to a lindy rig and crawler if you have some redtails use those.