• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fairmont-Marshall-New Ulm-Worthington Area Fishing Reports - SW MN

I took my canoe out on an area lake on Friday afternoon, and caught 2 eater walleyes and 2 bass and lost one pig of a bass when he shot out of the water and spit out the plug. I fished from about 2:30 - 5:00 in the afternoon. I was trolling in less than 3 feet of perfectly calm water. I was using a fat 2" parrot colored plug that dives only to 2 feet. It was a fun 2 1/2 hours. However, next time I'm going to go with a plug with larger hooks so I can hang onto the pig once he's hooked.

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to pull these two fish out this past week, a 7 and 9 lb fish. Both were CPRd!! Alot of nice eaters came out and several more fish of this caliber were pulled out in my boat. Been a awesome spring so far!!

100_3286.jpg

100_3292.jpg

Nice fish! It has been kind of slow for me so far this year. Have caught a couple eaters and a lot of little ones but notin bigger the 18 yet.

Opening day I caught 5 fish , biggest was 25", 4 from 18&1/2,to 19&1/2 released the 25. Probably been out 20 times since & usually 1 14" ,then I just through it back not wanting to clean just one, so 7 keepers is all for me so far.

Found 2 eyes on talcot saturday late afternoon. Slow to a crawl, jig n leech.

A big Thank You to the gentlemen that gave my car a pull at the landing!!

Hammered the crappies at Shetek last weekend. Many in the 10-12" range. Nice day. Hope they are still hot this weekend.

Heard reports of a 32'' 12lb walleye coming out of a certain southern minnesota lake?? Has anyone else heard any truth to this

Yeah, actually from our dock. We literally caught them in about 18" - 20" of water. Talked to some others at the lake and heard that they were catching them from the boat too. Somebody caught a 15" crappie in Bloody Lake on the north side of Shetek. I saw the picture....nice fish. He's getting it mounted.

Thanks for the info. My 5 year old son and I tried on Sunday afternoon at the dykes but didn't get a nibble.

i heard a kid got a 26" eye in a town, anyone hear what town?? or where? all ive been getting lately is a limit of catfish everynight, few crappie and huge 32"+ carp on my crappie gear whooo is that fun!

Heard reports of a 32'' 12lb walleye coming out of a certain southern minnesota lake?? Has anyone else heard any truth to this

Your very close, I saw one that was actually a bit bigger than what you described, and yes it did come out of a CERTAIN SW MN lake. wink

did the lake have a simple landing, no parking space with only 1 farm house on the lake??

did the lake have a simple landing, no parking space with only 1 farm house on the lake??

You call that a landing? At least I can get my canoe in and out easily. wink

speaking of catfish in shetek, whats up with the catfish in sarah. Caught a big one the other night on a med-lite rod with 6lb test, was a lot of fun, but not what i was there to catch. Anyone else getting cats and bullies there?

sunday night got 15 of theese bad boys or girls and a carp ready for the smoker

HPIM0467.jpg

That is a very nice fish, I would like to see a picture of that one! eye fishing picking up anywhere down here?? Thinkin about hitting up Lake Sarah friday, and then headin up towards wilmar saturday

Typical night on Shetek for broken line. When you start catching that size of cat in Sarah in any numbers at all you might want to say a prayer.

jake havent heard much. my luck on sarah the times i've been down there is bullheads and catfish.

Anyone have any luck with walleyes on Shetek? I've been thinking about going up to my parents place for a long weekend and giving it a shot but I don't want to waste my time (its a 5 hour drive!)

I took my canoe out to Brawner last night and pulled in this pig. It measured 19 1/2" and is the largest I've taken out of that lake. By next year, he should be the 20"er I'm after. The photo was taken with a low quality cell phone. I don't trust my good photo equipment to a canoe. smile

3648758646_3693650f7d_o.jpg

My son caught a 42 inch catfish in the Minnesota River near Granite Falls last week. Can't seem to figure out how to post it hear yet, but if anyone wants to see the pic, e-mail me at [email protected]

Anyone have any luck with walleyes on Shetek? I've been thinking about going up to my parents place for a long weekend and giving it a shot but I don't want to waste my time (its a 5 hour drive!)

I was out this weekend and I caught 5...2 I could have kept..1 was almost 16 and the other one was 21. The other three were very small.

Sarah is the place to be. We caught our share of fish this weekend on Sarah...I know a guy who got one a little over 10lbs

The wife and I spent a few hours floating around Okebena after work. We saw a lot of fish on the sonar, no biters. We also picked up a bunch of trash floating around the lake. Yuk.

My 6 year old son caught a 20 inch smallie and a 30 inch walleye this week, needless to say it has been a good week for him!!

My 6 year old son caught a 20 inch smallie and a 30 inch walleye this week, needless to say it has been a good week for him!!

Your young son is going to have to teach me how to fish. smile That's incredible. Give him a big attaboy from me.