• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone looking for fishing partner to fill open seats?

Well, captainstevo has not responded to my email, so I am still looking for anyone who may have an empty seat in their boat for this coming weekend (04/12-04/13). I am willing to share gas costs, lodging, bait, etc. I'm not a novice, so you will not be holding my hand all weekend! Drop me a message if interested.

GoggleEye

deepblueagua at yahoo dot com

What happened there. It sounded like everything was set.

Don't know, I shot him an email and never heard anything back. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

There is a decent chance I might make the trip up from Sioux Falls, SD on Friday and there is a small chance I would have an open spot. I have a 4 door Nissan Titan and a 17.5 ft Crestliner Fishhawk.

I was planning on fishing out here this weekend but the weather forcast looks better up there than it does here. I've always wanted to try the Rainy in the spring but have never planned a trip. Any information anyone could privide would be extremely appreciated.

If you have been around the forums (waterfowl) for awhile I'm JerknPerchSD with a new name.

stay at the royal dutchman if you go!

3/8 oz jigs, wouldnt do it without stingers. get big rainbows.

Thanks.

Also, I hear talk about watching the border. What areas does a guy need to watch?

Are there any good drinking holes around those parts? I'm always up for a cold beer after a cold day on the water.

What are the chances of finding a motel within 100 miles?

SD Waterfowler, if you have an empty spot, let me know. I could meet up with you somewhere around Willmar or paynesville and then head for rainy from there. From that point on, I would be glad to chip in my fair share for gas, food, bait, lodging, etc. I've got plenty of walleye and sturgeon grade equipment I would be willing to borrow also if need be. You can shoot me an email if interested....deepblueagua @ yahoo dot com

GE

I just have to check with another guy to see what his decision is. I will know more tonight or tomorrow. I have plenty of gear but appreciate the offer.

ya theres plenty of bars around there, i dont know how booked hotels are- go to the LOTW forum and print out the thing of hotels and resorts, theres 5 pages of resorts within probably 50 miles of there. but i do highly reccomend the royal dutchman. i dont know how much they really enforce the border line, but there was plenty of holes on our side. we didnt really watch too close and i think we may have been in canada some of the time... maybe we got lucky :|

SD- Sounds good. Just let me know.

Perch- When you were fishing in the iced areas, were you catching more fish? Bigger Fish? Did you guys have any problems landing fish or have your line cut by the ice chunks at all?

Ya i think we got more and bigger fish. we didnt really have too many problems, but it was kinda tough, the ice would push in and close up your holes. I broke off on a couple sturgeons because of the ice. i just kept the paddle handy and kept pushing the ice away. I got my big sturgeon through about a 3'x3' hole! It is a little unnerving being surrounded by ice as well. it gets kinda hairy up there at times!

Ya, I wouldn't want to be around a bunch of moving ice chunks with a 30" eye tugging on my line! It's unnerving enough with clear open water just trying to play the big girls and net them successfully.

well i mean being in that ice, ive heard alot of horror stories of boats being crushed like pop cans, i dont know how much of its true but it was in the back of my mind the entire time....

Ya I have heard that too, but I can't see the ice doing much damage to your boat unless it is moving quickly or the operator of the boat is driving through the "icefields" too fast. I could see some paintchipping and scratches being a result of fishing in that stuff, but nothing major. Maybe I am wrong...

OK, OK, I didn't know we were talking about ocean ice!!!! I thought we were referencing the rainy river here!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

GE