• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

[b]Thank you Kooch. County!!![/b]

We've been waiting for the county to save the day and they came through in fine fashion. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm in a 150% better mood and smiling from ear to ear.

Let's go get'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with ya...thanks to Kooch. County guys. I'm on the trail north first thing in the am! Good luck to all and see ya up there. If you see me in the green ranger, stop by and say "hi".

Tim or others have you had any problems with Icy ramps with a heavier boat/trailer? Do you bring anything in particular for this situation? I brought my 620 last year in warmer weather with wet but not icy ramps and had no problems. Just trying to prepare. I will be up Thursday. Thanks for any information in advance.

Try to be cautious in the morning. Birchdale is not as steep of a landing as Frontier. As you pull out of the water, try and let your trailer drain for a few moments before pulling away. Have a little patience at the ramp and lend a guy a hand if he needs it.

Thursday morning I'll be in a Black 2005 Lund 1700 Explorer 115 Merc

Good Luck

I feel the same way, my trip starts Fri morning. Then it ends on Sunday. Then its back to work for the summer. Should a guy bring some cat litter or floor dry for the icy ramps? Or is it not that bad?

Good luck and fish on!!!!!!!!!!!

Mornings are usually the toughest. Last year, the ramp was glare ice from everyone dripping water as they pulled their trailers out. Some trucks were skating and jackknifing down the ramp, but you usually stop when your back tires hit the river! It's a dang scarey thing though (been there). Those big boats will pull you down, and there's not much you can do but try to keep it straight. We saw this happening and then used only half the ramp, put the left set of tires on the rocks and gravel to the side of the ramp. We had no problem once we did that.

If you're really worried about it, bring some salt or sand. It does wonders.

Coming out at night is usually not so bad, and the forcast is for mostly forties coming up, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The worst I ever saw was last year. We were doing pretty good fishing, and pushed the limit. That was the night the river re-froze in early April. We got to the ramp, and everyone had left. The ramp was glare ice, and there was absolutely no way I was going to get out pulling a Ranger up that ramp. Someone was watching out for me though. A border patrol agent came by and appeared pretty bored. He had a long towrope, and pulled us out, otherwise I might still be there. That night, it got down to -5 degrees, and the river froze again solid.