• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

As always don't make safety decisions based on posts here. Use them as a general guide only.

It would be nice to have updated access conditions. Let's use this thread to post how you see them here.

The swim beach at tetonka was getting kind of rough wednesday evening, absolute No for car travel. I made on and off with my 4x4 truck but would suggest not trying unless you have a wheeler

I will not likley go out there again

westwood access on washington is still in good shape alot of trucks on ice as i write this

Hopefully the colder temps at night this weekend will help them stabilize a little. I almost got stuck in my car the other day. Take your truck this weekend!

Roberds Lake (Faribault)

2:30 pm Wed 3/13

Public access lot melted all it's ice and snow since yesterday. Very drastic change from what was a perfect access yesterday.

Entire area around the lower acccess lot is in melt down and draining over the lot right down the ramp to the access itself.

The water has cut a good 6" or better hole in to the ice that was just level yesterday at the entrance on to the lake.

Water ponded in the access area looks to be 8" deep or more with water rushing from the lot at a very good rate.

TWO PEOPLE SEEN ON THE LAKE

French Lake (Faribault)

2:40 pm Wed 3/13

Hoy's access is mud to the ramp and access @ the lake is holding a 10" deep puddle surrounded by slush and deep wet snow on each side. Water running down in to the access area as well. Snow on the sides might allow a wheeler but I'm not familiar with how they hold up without sinking.

Public access is holding water in the 10" rutted road I drove through yesterday. I'm sure by sunset the ruts will be over 12" filled. High snow levels around the busted out road but again wet, deep, slush.

Lake itself has lost 90% of snow cover and holding water atop ice. NOBODY ON THE LAKE

Originally Posted By: luckycrank
great report ice_it

Thats a terrible report! Its real good info though! grin.gif

The south access at Mazaska is pretty beat up.

The ramp its-self is pushed way up like a tee-pee.

Same for Kelly Dudley.

If I can't get my boat in, the access is in poor shape. Amen Muddog!!!!

Originally Posted By: Muddog
If I can't get my boat in, the access is in poor shape.

The Mississippi is open. Fish are biting as well.

There was lots of water on the ice at the east jefferson landing this afternoon. Probaly a foot in the ruts. Still plenty of cars and trucks going on and off.

Perfect time to go when no one is out.

Good reports. Keep 'em coming.

I'm heading to Tetonka in the morning, hopefully the boat landing is still do able with my Jeep, I've not were in a for a good walk.

Spend many hours out alone it seems. But this time of year when there is nothing or nobody on the lake, it's a different feeling all together when your heading out, or sitting out there.

Pretty quiet therapy sessions I'm missing already !!

Was out on French last night. Drove out of Hoy's through a lot of water and avoided most of the deeper water areas. Fished from 5:00 to 9:30. Left the lake by heading to a spot on the north side that was pretty driveable yet. There was one other car out there when we got there and he drove off of the north side spot also. Plenty of water on the ice but a couple more days like yesterday and the spots to get on will not be driveable.

went on Mazaska last night. Out of Bulrush bay. It wasn't bad when i went on, but when I came off around 6pm, just before the rain, there was a lot of water. It might have been because of the little white car that went on and off the ice 4 times in the 2 1/2 hours I fished....So, the ice was good where I drove, but lots of water.

Snowmobiles from here on out for me.

Tetonka was looking Ok today at the boat landing, no problems getting on and off, but after this weeked driving will most likly be over for people with out a death wish.

mskyfshntchr, how was the bite? Thinking about heading up there on Sunday. Have a few spots I would like to try. Just wondering if the bite was good. got the Wheeler ready to go. grin.gif

j-matt...

we fished for about 3 hours. They were finicky, but catchable. We did ok, biggest crappie was 10 1/2. We fished from 3-6pm. So, not prime time biting. The rain was coming fast, so we decided to get off before getting soaked. Glad we did, when we hit the access, it started pouring!

Thanks for the info. Thinking that tommorrow afternoon might be a nice time to get out. My Ice time is dwindling fast, this might have to be the last time I go out this season. Weekends are getting booked up.

Checked a bunch of access conditions today and took video with comments.

It was done between noon and 2 pm today.

Click here to see public access conditions for ice fishing on South Central MN Lakes.

Were you one of the guys ice fishing at that time on one of the lakes taped???

And to think some people are still driving out on the ice with some of those access conditions. Unbelievable!!!!

There's been a house on one particular lake that hasn't moved in the last week. A call has been made to check it out.

Before the accesses are totally depleted, has there been any clean-up activities planned to clean up some of the trash left behind? I hear there is a lot of garbage on Washington that has been left. I might get out there tomorrow or Tuesday to check it out.

Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I really didn't think it was all that bad Saturday. The access was certainly rough and very rutted, but other than that, things seemed pretty stable yet.

I guess I've seen and done much more daring things to drive on the ice (like last year March) crazy.gif;\)grin.gif, but the conditions right now just don't compare yet.

Heading out to French today to pack the houses away for the year.

Seeing that great access video from Rick has me thinking I might give it one last shot out in the truck.

I thought the public access would be all ate up and water filled by now. Certainly didn't look like a 4 x 4 would have any problem.

**The ice still has to be a good 22" plus isn't it ?

Anyone on French over the weekend with a report ?

I thought all the access points but Roberds and Cannon looked pretty good for this time of year. Trucks were driving on no problem. I do think a person needs to stay aware of runoff because one can drive out in the morning and not be able to get off in the afternoon on a warm day.