• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gettin the itch!

Badger_55

Yes it is that time of year where I am starting to spend way to much money on setups for the open water.

I just thought this would be an interesting page for people to start developing their plan for opener and am interested in hearing them.

My opener is still up in the air. I have a few days off and plan to either spend it up on vermillion or over by Winnie hitting up bowstring and sand. I just don't know yet. The area of bowstring and sand offers a lot of good fishing with many options. And with 3 days off it might be fun to bounce around a little bit and enjoy the beautiful weekend of the Minnesota Fishing opener.

Whats your guys' plans?

Once ice fishing is done, and before the opener, I need to do a ton of work on my boat to get it water ready.

Once the boat's ready, I'll be out catching crappies. For opener I'll prolly hit one of my local lakes.

I have already started riggin Sturgeon rods and bought up some new anchor rope for the river. Soon I will be drinkng my coffee watching the 12' rod tips waiting for that Sturgeon thump on the end.

I am also pumped to go for some crappies on Upper Red, I know them buggers are hiding right now but they have to come in some time and I'm gonna ambush them with the boat! grin.gif

It's nice to hear that others also spend too much money on their fishing stuff. I often think that my trips to the store are a sort of vicarious fishing trip, though when I go fishing I come back home with LESS lures and when I go to Gander, Cabella's, Sportsmen's, etc. I always come home with MORE.

For opener, I'll be on the river, catching fish (hopefully) and avoiding crowds!

• 1 month later...

I am going to make it up to URL a few times this spring and summer. I went up there for the first time last year for an open water attempt at the crappies. Ended up doing ok with the walleyes. The stinkin sheephead were a problem, couldn't keep them off the end of the line. Plus it had been really windy for over a week stretch when I hit the water so I was pretty stirred up. Hope to hit it one of these times when I'm up there.

Hey! I reached my goal as #1 poster for the day! Now I can do something productive.....