• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fisky or Anyone with a Monday or Tuesday report

Heading up Thursday early and going to hit the ice in the afternoon. We will be on Adrians road, any updates with the warm up on staging progression. Just trying to get a feel if we have to head far north or if we need to try the norms for this time of year. Odd year, with the prolonged cold cold temps.

Odd year? This more of a typical Minnesota winter than we have had for the past couple years. grin.gif

Andrew, maybe in the cities things were norman, but not down here, and haven't really kept track at LOTW. From Dec 1st to March 1, here in the SW we had maybe 5-10 days that broke freezing.... That is far far far from normal. We haven't had a streak of days that long, or cold for many years. And from every report we have seen through most of the upper midwest, it was pretty much a blanket effect. Thus the reason, you almost need an extesion in SW MN.

I have'nt fished the east end since early January myself, outside of that trip a couple weeks back out near Bridges.

I know of one fellow who is doing well just a short jaunt out off of Adrians road, early and late day shallow thing.

Norm

Thanks Fisky, we are used to being up there a week or so later, and things this year seem like they are a couple weeks behind in the transgression to spring. So I am a little thrown off on my methods of shallow or not. So used to my March trip being in the shallows, it is hard to think I may need to venture North to the islands or so.