• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Buddy of mine and I went in on a brand new Nils 48" auger this year after reading and hearing so much about it. For the first month to month and a half I was bragging about how light, fast, and awesome this auger was. Then in what seemed like night and day, (literally woke up to go fishing the next day) the auger had gone from little to no pressure needed to cut through to needing basically laying on it to get it through. We have bought a new blade for it and have yet to see the results we saw when we first got it. Can't tell any visible damage, shaft is not bent, and the power head starts and runs great. Anyone have any ideas as to what the deal is and what our next step should be? We want to finish the season but then wondering if Nils will do anything about this?

P.S. Have been reading these forums for a couple of years now and have enjoyed learning from all, this is my first post.

Do as suggested above but I would also recommend posting this inquiry in the Sponsor Showcase and Equipment forums.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Sounds like you need to get your blades sharpened or your shaft/blade is slightly bent (hard to see). Did you remove the shaft? If so be sure to check it so your allen screw is tightened very tight before locking it in with the nut. Myself I went away from the centerpoint blades and the regular blades work great.

It's also a good idea to keep a spare set of blades on hand. You can get both taken care of by Clicking here for Nils Master at OutdoorProStore.com. I recommend the sharpening service because Frank might find out a bit more for you about your blade.

If you ever have to push it's likely you got into a bit of sand that was on or in the ice or you drilled a heck of a lot of holes.

I think I am going through the same problem with my Strike master but what I was told was that the pitch of the blades may have changed causing you to put more pressure on to get the same results. Mine literally did it in one day. Plowing through the holes but then pounding it on the ice to get the build up off and then all the sudden it didnt want to cut any more. Blades still sharp as well. At least ask the question. Good luck!!

Originally Posted By: theicehooker
pounding it on the ice to get the build up off

That's your problem right there