• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey Cliff can you e-mail me please. Im looking for a place to chase some crappies th/fri the 13th and 14th and thinking maybe the Big V may be fun to explore. Thanks man.

Maybe hook up for a day if your not busy guiding?

Northlander,

I have Friday free if that will work for you.

Give me a call tonight at 218-753-2005. I will be up until 10:30.

Cliff

Cliff, don't you mean you will be sleeping in your chair until 10:30, then when the news is over, time to wake up and go to bed.

Later, Darrell.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didnt get back to ya Cliff. My wife got sick and I was home bound for a few days.

E-mail me if ya want to chase Crappies next week.

Northlander,

I cannot use outlook express to contact you.

You will have to e-mail me then I will be able to contact you.

The crappies are biting well on Vermilion now.

I got my limit of 12 to 14 inchers this morning in 2 hours!

I am open almost anytime that you can go.

Cliff

Just an FYI there is an email client called Mozilla Firebird that work similar to Outlook Express that I think has less quirks than Outlook Express. Free download on the web if you want to try it. I have been using it for a while and it seems to be pretty good.

Thanks Upnorth! I may have to give it a try!

Cliff

Thanks Del!

I finally found a program that will allow me to send pictures easily.

Cliff

Originally Posted By: upnorth
Cliff did you wind up trying the Mozilla Thunderbird client?

No. I ended up putting the pics into another file and then was able to export them.

Cliff

Originally Posted By: Cliff Wagenbach
Northlander,

I cannot use outlook express to contact you.

You will have to e-mail me then I will be able to contact you.

The crappies are biting well on Vermilion now.

I got my limit of 12 to 14 inchers this morning in 2 hours!

I am open almost anytime that you can go.

Cliff

I dont fish for crappies on vermilion but just out of curiousity are you catching these on the east or west end of the lake? I havent heard of many crappies coming out of the east end. Wont be up to vermilion until walleye opener but im already counting down the days.

Cliff you have mail. Just got back from Bayfield and got some nice Lakers. Im open next Mon/Tues. Let me know if we need snowmobiles or truck. Im assuming snowmobiles.

See ya on Monday Cliff. Im putting new 3# on as I type.

See ya at around 10:00am.

We are headed out there tomorrow morning for the day.

Cliff

A HUGE THANKS to Cliff for showing me the Bif V and putting us on some beautiful and MASSIVE Crappies. The bite we had yesterday was nothing less than incredible. The size and girth if the Big V crappies was way more than I ever amagined. \:o

I hope to have pics later for everyone to see for themselves.

Red Lake? Not anymore.

The deer, eagles, bear? and beauty of the lake will have me back again you can bet on it.

Heck even the OOO's were fun cliff. Thanks again and I hope your new boat gets there for opener.

Any time your down my way I have a opening for ya.

Steve,

I had a great time fishing with you also!

I just hope that the ice holds up for another week or so and I can find some more of those Vermilion crappies!

Cliff

Ya they can be very hard to find but man when we found them they were nice. Got the pics. Thanks. Ill see about getting some up here soon.

Cliff,

Trade you a really hot spot on the Rainy (if you are headed that way) for your crappie spot. Boat load of 20" plus fish today.

Northlander dude......Maybe Best to keep them crappie pic's an spots to yer self.

Cliff might say same thing eh Mr. W?

Somethings aint ment for the world to see / know about.

\:\)

Use the land line for sharing special things like this here crappie info or a cig package an crayon.

;\)

I have a dozen summer / fall spots that hold maybe ten fish each an only go it alone...less said better....I'm selfish bout me crappie digs.

So be it....everyone thinks I be muskie fishen anyway.

Tommy

Shamrock7,

Tempting offer, but I really hate to give up a good crappie spot.

Cliff

Thats all right. You probably have plenty of good spots everywhere. And I really don't have time to be crappy fishing anyway. And FYI....I didn't want it published.

TomW I know what your saying. All the pics we took purposely had no background but ice so nobody could tel where we were. I will not post them if Cliff doesnt like. I surely would never ever give anyone any spot Cliff showed me. I will never fish those spots with out Cliff or his permission. Thats the way I operate. I hate when others tel people the spots you share with them. 1 guy turns into 2 and 2 turn into 10.

You guys Big V secrets are not going to be leaked by me I assure you.

A little scouting and a if a guy knows who is driving what vehicle or in what boat or what ice house its pretty easy to find those "secret" spots....Specially crappie fishing this time of year! All a guy needs is an airplane (or else a good set of eyes will suffice) and walla, suddenly spots are not so secret! Unless your able to make all those tiny holes fill themselves in and erase all the truck tracks!

But I do know crappie spots come and go, and are hit and miss. Might as well get em while you can, or else someone else will.

Thats what I forgot. My airplane. Man would scouting be easy then. With the price of gas these days Ill stick to me snowmobile or boat. $72 to fill my truck the other day and I wasnt even empty. mad.gif

I could fish with you guys anytime.

YOU GET IT!

;\)

Air scouting is something so cool you have to do it just once.

Unreal what it does for me finding just that one special thing missing.

Nice calm, July noonish flight....GOLD!

Have fun, stick some slabs but please Be safe on that late ice....don't want to read your taking an unintentional dip.

Tommy

Tom, its OK. Northlander is so tall he couldn't drown in most of the Vermilion bays they're fishing crappies in. Once you meet him you'll understand. A Big V musky in late fall snarfing ciscos, if it was as long as Nlander is tall, would weigh 217 pounds. grin.gif