• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dreaming about open water

Anyone other then myself starting to get the open water itch? I know theres lots of panfish and those lakers to be caught threw the ice. But I would think some guys are starting to get a little burnt out looking down a ice hole, well except maybe for that Northlander guy ;\)

Anyone other then me go out and sit in their boat in the garage or start putting reels back on the summer rods yet? Who's ready for the Brule or for the early walleye rivers to break open?

What are some of the new things you bought for open water? You got every weekend planned out yet?

Time for me to go sit in the boat somemore, maybe drop the riggers and set some rods. Turn the radio on and dream about open water:)

Yeah, I'm ready for spring.

Gas prices are going to screw things up for me for sure, but I'm really missing the sound of waves lapping at the boat, loons calling and eagles plucking fish out of the water.

It'll get especially hard to bear once laker season is over on Sunday. \:\(

Im still in the ice mode. I know with 3' of Ice on most lakes its going to be a long time until my boat gets out of a landing.

So its late season panfish for me. Then Loopers, then smelt then out comes the boat.

I have been dreaming for a while. I hope to get up to my boat this weekend and putz around a little. I brought 2 reels in for repair, I ordered a 3 lb spool of Trilene big game, I have a new reverse cycle heat/AC unit sitting here. I want to be ready to go in as soon as they get the docks hooked up and the power on. I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone put a post out like this.

I'm surprised this thread didn't turn up in January. The snow is already melting off my boat cover. C'mon spring! grin.gifgrin.gif

Originally Posted By: stfcatfish
Yeah, I'm ready for spring.

Gas prices are going to screw things up for me for sure, but I'm really missing the sound of waves lapping at the boat, loons calling and eagles plucking fish out of the water.

It'll get especially hard to bear once laker season is over on Sunday. \:\(

Ahhh, the sound of spring peepers while fishing at night. the morning drumming of grouse. getting out on the big pond for some early season trout trolling along the point, the smell and sound of an outboard....

ok, im tormenting myself. i hear the water running off my roof

I have Robins in my yard today, the suckers are staging on the Cannon river. Hans

Fifty degrees yesterday and the cutter in the harbor. It won't be long at all. I too saw a robin yesterday.

Jar Jar

Now if we can get some landings freefrom ice a dream mite come real. Got the rods & tackle ready today. Wanted the boat. But that just was not going to happen need some more nicer weather.The dream will be real shortly.