Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mrcarp

crow river dam in hutch

mrcarp

hi does any one know if this is a good area for panfish in the spring and being a river how would you try to get them bobber rig or other thanks

carverfshrmn

I have done very good there, casting jigs or slip bobber and minnows, very big crappies, and some Big Sunnies. You will need to try both till you find which they like best! Most time I have to switch back and forth to keep them interested!

bassNspear

im wondering if its going to be the same now with the new bridge and everything there?

WildCountry

No, they completly redid the dam. There really isn't a dam anymore. It consist of about 7 step ups of huge bolders. its supposed to help fish get up stream. so last year, they had to block of otter lake, and campbell lake, and they drained basically the whole river in the town of hutch. So fishing is going to be pretty crappy for the next couple years i beleive

LPCrowRiverFisherman

Calm side of the bridge pillars usually hold panfish, but the water may not be high enough to get enough depth by the pillars for pannies.

carverfshrmn

Has the river started flowing yet? Anybody been down to check it out?

jigginjim

Scrap that area, Once they start to remake a system it changes the way fish use that area.

BigGrassBass

Buddy of mine was down there yesterday. The water is still a little cold for much activity but he seemed optimistic about the chances of that area producing even with the changes.

LMITOUT

Still mostly frozen in the river. Nothing flowing over the new rocks. The lake looks pretty poor though. I'm guessing the runoff into the river system is taking care of the ice faster than normal.

LMITOUT

Looks like there is more water running in the river now below the dam. It isn't high by any means with the lake still mostly empty, but the river is flowing and open around town.

carverfshrmn

Was down there today, and saw a guy gettin some small eyes and keepin them, Can he be doin that this early?

nytelyter

nope not a border water or in season at the present

bassNspear

thats a big no no

carverfshrmn

Thought so, some people just do as they please, ruin things for the rest of us!

bassNspear

some ppl need to get in trouble in order for them to understand the laws and follow them

Big Buck Buster

"TIP" would love to hear from you!!!!

bobber_watcher

Or a simple call to the local police as well, doesn't need to be a CO. If I remember correctly they caught somebody last year catching walleyes as well down at the dam.

bassNspear

also got a group of people down by the softball diamonds by roberts park.

mr walleye

If your not sure on if its legal call TIP or a CO. and let them know, and if you get voicemail leave a massage, they check it often and will check it out or call back for more info, so get a descriptions of the people and vehicle along with plate number time place, if they have enough info the can still tag the person even if they are not at the lake or river.

with the size of the area a CO has they need all the help we can give them.

Big Buck Buster

Are people just that stupid?

Big Buck Buster

I hope that the CO catches them and takes everything that the fish touch!!!!!! Sure makes it hard on the real "SPORTSMAN", when people abuse the privilege of fishing.

mr walleye

Originally Posted By: Big Buck Buster
Are people just that stupid?

YES some are so stupid you wonder how they even make it through life, and some times we get lucky and they make the Darwin awards

and get removed from the gene pool.

Christopher Quast

Grrrrrrrrrrr this ticks me off so bad I've been fishing that river since I was 8 now 32 I think they need to patrol the river alot more before the opener.

aanderud

The best thing to do is just call T.I.P., your local CO, or the sherrif when you see illegal activity. Especially before opener when they're probably less busy, I would imagine the CO would be more than happy to come over and tag them with a fine.