• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Snow Depth/ Ice cond..

shozbot

Just wondering if there is still alot of snow on top of the ice??? and is it extension time on the main lake? Looking to get up to the east side next weekend.. used to go out of liberty beach but I have heard they are closed.. Anyone else keeping roads goin?

Lyback's, Appeldoorn's, Hunter's to name a few. Lots of areas that still have roads. You have to watch what you're doing off the roads, there are some decent sized drifts but you can get around if you pay attention. We've only found one area where we needed the extension so far, but it's close in a lot of areas, I'd bring one.

there has not been any melting so far this year, so to answer your question, yes, there is still alot of snow on top of the ice. they are guessing the temps will be in the high 30's to low 40's this week. that should bring the snow pack down some. don't forget a shovel if you plan on going off road, as you will hit a drift or two that will be deeper that you thought............tom fellegy

i was out on suday. cross country travel is doable, but use your head. the snow is very hard, hard enough to drive my isuzu rodeo on without any trouble. watch for hidden drifts and like said, bring a shovel.

i had the extension, but didn't run into any areas that i truly needed it. i'd bring it just in case.

the resort i went out of didn't have any of the side roads to the south cleared..

was out on doe island reef saterday. and i would deffinatly bring an extension if you have one. we had some spots where we had 6 inchs to spare and other spots where we had .5 an inch.

With that SUN shining, it feels a lot warmer. With no wind it IS warm out there. Nothing like standing or sitting outside on a warm/not windy March day. Oh yea reel in a few Jumbos too.