• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

my son and i went fishing today,nothing bit in the morning but at 4pm they started biting hard we caught everything from a 12 inch walleye (released of course) to crappies,sunnies,perch and a 1.5 pound white bass,Richard says those Tony Stewart orange colors he wore worked today :)as he even caught fish,we left at 6 but the fish were still biting who knows how long they would still be biting,we used fiska's with red wigglers in 24 feet of water

Image010.jpg

Image015.jpg

bk19,

well done and nice pateince my buddy and I where in my charcoal dodge ram/ black portable I spoke with you briefly.

I left In search of bigger fish shortley after you arrived but "Looks like I should Have hung out a bit'

oh ok nice meeting you,yeah we went to a couple other spots but to no avail so we thought about leaving but decided to give that spot one more try,as soon as we got there we marked fish and they were just attacking, it was very fun

luckycrank - I wonder if I didn't see you yesterday? Although the rig I saw appeared to be black long-box Dodge with a black Mankato style portable. confused.gif

Way to get on the fish BK! Those look like some dandies and that's a nice whitey you got there!

EP,

no that wasn't me but I was in that vicinity in a grey truck

a good friend of mine was in the black dodge w/topper in a mankato tent portable, where you just west of there ? approx 200 or way west? where you there after 4pm?

I believe I saw you then. I was west a couple hundred feet, grey Silverado crew cab, Frabill portable. Look/sound familiar?

yes sir, sure does!!

I left to go back to my old "haunt" about 6:00

and the feast was on and the fish where bigger

but I was getting tired of my rod tip freezing so I packed it in shortley after 7:00 kept enough for a meal and released the rest and also got my marble rolling for the next outing! can't wait.....

Aha! Too bad we didn't know what each other's vehicles looked like!

That area treated me pretty well yesterday, although the earlier morning and late afternoon were much better than mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Nothing huge, but quality 7" - 8" 'gills and 9" - 10" crappies. I'd post a pic, but can't. \:\/

I tried to take a few pics yesterday also but had no batteries in the camera

Yeah, darn digital cameras really eat up those batteries! \:\/ The pics I took are "bucket" pics, but maybe next time I'll get some good on-ice ones.

Did you end up a ways to the west of that spot? How'd that go?

Oops...just saw the answer to that. \:\/

We were out there yesterday in the black truck w/mankato portable. The bite got better towards dark,we had a mixed bag of gills,crappie,perch. We used minnows and waxies,green or gold jigs were our best producers. Next time you see us out stop by and say hello. Luckycrank,nice to have you stop by. Good luck to all!!!

crappies? only crappies I caught where about 5"

but had no set line or crappie minnows down

but the gills where what I was after. I may have to try to make it out again b4 the weekend.the for cast for this week sounds great! the average where you where at was better but the other spot I was at they where either 5-6"r's or 9"r's not much in beetween.

caught about 10 big ones broke a couple jigs off In a just under a hour.

Yeah, I caught some dink 5" - 6" crappies too, but got 7 of them in the late afternoon that ran 9" - 10". Got them on a black marmooska with waxie.

where did you find the black marmooska,

I found a purple/white one the other day.

and used to be able to get Candie corn colored ones but can't no longer !

Right here in town. The local farm supply store sells a limited amount of angling gear and happened to have some black ones, so I picked up 2.

Eyepatrol,

My next question is do they have anymore?

I love black when fish are heavily pressured or after major cold fronts. And I also love to hear my buddy whine when I school his butt with something He don't have. grin.gif!!

NOTE: He has to keep Score not me!!!!

I'll check it out tomorrow and get back to you. Black is one of my favorite panfish colors too. \:\)

I drove by the lake and could look over to the area, looked to me like everyone in southern Mn. was there. I bet the ice looks like swiss cheese over there.

Luckycrank, I picked up a couple of black colored diamond jigs at HOF in rochester today, also black and purple. If you see me out on Tetonka stop by and I'll GIVE you one to try.I will be near the spot Joe and I were on Sunday afternoon.I have a dark maroon 4-door dakota, you know what Joe drives.Good luck to all!!

Yes there is a bunch of trucks out there, the same ones as Monday, and Sunday, and Saturday, and Friday, and Thursday, and Wed....... \:\(

Pray for warm weather soon

thats the problem with web sites like this,one person gets one fish and sends out the report and everybody and their mother is out their fishing the lake out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

use your heads get enough for a meal and go home if you need another meal go and fish.nobody needs a freezer full of fish save some for the rest of us.

I don't think in this case it's been the website entirely. Word of mouth is just as "contageous" as any website. I know of guys this year that have been on an unreal panfish bite, told one friend, and suddenly all of that friend's friends are out there along with their friends and relatives. The spot never got posted on the web, it was simply by word of mouth and only took a couple days for it to spread to 30-40 other people.

NEWS FLASH: The Internet is not the problem. Word of mouth, electronics, other advanced equipment, increasingly flexible work schedules, lack of education and greed are all much larger contributors to lake pressure and over-harvesting.