Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hawghunter

The Cullens

17 posts in this topic

Anyone know of a possible access point on Upper Cullen?

Upper Cullen Resort has blocked their access off. The only other thing i can see to get on is the channel or culvert near the public access of middle. kindof flerting with disaster for driving the trucks out.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know you that is the only access to upper cullen. So you are limited to a wheeler, snowmobile or hoofin it.

Thank you.

I went to plan B,, it didnt work out so well.

what was plan b? and why didn't it work out, just wondering?

Struck out on Sylvan! First time on the lake though, didn’t stay for long after sunset either?

I miss walleye fishing too. \:\(

cant wait for South Dakota open water!!

sylvan is a great lake ! but it does have a small limit as well . 5 fish per person , the best bite is just ast sun set and an hour or so after . this might help you ? djwood

I find it funny that people see small limits as a negative. I would think that everyone would be be in favor of improving a lake instead of encouraging it's demise.

Just wait until they close crappies and sun fish during their spawn season, Its bound to happen, AND I will be ok with that.

I think they should lower crappies and sun fish to 5 each and walleys to 3 each.

? hummmmmm ? is 5 being negative? more like being realistic! when you pay 310 a gal. for gas and drive 60 miles round trip for 5 fish and 1 fisherman ! now this is reality of common sense. djwood

Well when the richy richies build their big cabin homes, on the lakes and have there lawn as green as their money. All that fertilizer runs in the lakes, and they get by with cutting up all the trees along the shore because what’s a little slap on the wrist from the dnr. Then they drive around with their but boats cutting weeds and digging up channels.

That is more realistic. If you kill the lakes fish will follow.

p.s you don’t have to drive, figure out your local lakes. Or did you already destroy them?

another good thing about only having a 5 fish limit is, most people don't fish that lake, So usally the fish are that of good quality. I know sylvan has nice fish. I wish they would do the same thing to the river, Look at rice lake. Its like how many houses can you put in one little area.

already have them figured out! only in your mind is sylvan destroyed ! just over grown with under sized fish that have to fight for their share of feed !in other words " ITS OVER POPULATED " thin them out !

djwood

already have them figured out! only in your mind is sylvan destroyed ! just over grown with under sized fish that have to fight for their share of feed !in other words " ITS OVER POPULATED " thin them out !

djwood

I remember back in my day when we appreciated gods little creations.

Hey... this post is getting far away from the original topic.. please bring it back to what it was supposed to be about.

Thanks!

tip of the day: look to the weed lines to start hitting.

back up tip: if you can find mousie's they are doing the best.

We are blessed to live in MN. Do you really have to drive 60 Miles to find some good fishing? Sometimes the best fishing is in your own backyard, you just don't know it. Get some guts and strike out on a local lake and give the better known lakes a rest. I'll bet you can find a lake without spending more than $10 on gas.