Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dice21

any reports from sloppyjoes or 4.5 mile

4 posts in this topic

has anyone been out to either of these spots lately for perch? thought of trying these on sat. had good success last year around this time but it was much warmer. i have a friend coming up from iowa and would'nt mind some input on places to start if theses places are'nt produceing. thank you

I have not been at Sloppyjoes since last year for perch. I was out early ice trying to find eye’s, but have not been back since.

What I have found (if you have access to a camera), is find little stone/boulder piles with small bait fish hiding out in them. The perch will come soon.

Also if you can get your hands on about 4 or 6 Reel-Weeds sets, this would be a killer place to drop them down. Given the gravel area, structure is a major key. I think some fake weeds would be a great ticket in this area.

Good luck..

sorry haven't been there either, but i would also suggest a camera. if you don't have one some of the resorts on mille lacs will rent them for the day.

just keep jumping around, try and stay away from any crowds, you'll hopefully find them eventually and have a good time doing it.

another place to try might be muddy flats. some of the people i've talked to have been picking up decent #'s of perch in those area's. 25"+ is what some have said..

thanks for the input hopefully we'll find them, i will post results later.