Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
YourBobersDown

Baudette

YourBobersDown

I just found out 10 minutes ago I am going to lake of the woods this weekend and going out of baudette? not sure if it is spelled right. I have never been up there does anyone have any suggestions or a resort to go and get info from. Thanks ahead of time for the info

mnhunter 3815

you gotta through baudette to get to lake of the woods.you wanna stay at a resort??? or just go fishing out of a certain 1?

YourBobersDown

we are staying in a house in baudette just looking for a place to go out of

polarsusd81

It might be tough to find a room or cabin this close to the weekend, but there are a few around. I am going up and staying at Lake Road Lodge. It is a pretty cheap way to go up there, we will be there Friday night and Saturday night and heading back Sunday morning to hit a couple little lakes on the way back. Black F-150. If you see us in the HSO or Ice Leaders hats, say hello. We are planning to fish out off of Adrians road in 28-34 fow depending on the reports we hear from locals upon arrival.

YourBobersDown

Polar are u the guy from cool cats? your buddy brought the doritos?

mnhunter 3815

well there are lots of places to go out of.i would say zipple or adrians.they both been doing pretty good.

mnhunter 3815

speaking of hats i gotta get 1 of those hso hats.

polarsusd81

Nope, wasn't at cool cats, I was harvesting parts for a car from my dad's place. I did stop and fish with my buddy and my son on the way to my dad's though. I really wanted to make it, but couldn't. We put on the baby fmer get together a week before cool cats.

mnhunter, the hats are pretty sweet.

muc33

polarsusd81, let us know how you do... I make my way up to Adrians to hit it hard with my portable next Thursday - Monday. I am hoping the progression back to the river is on and I don't have to really head too far out.

polarsusd81

Muc, here is my report.

We fished in 25-26 fow from the top of the ice from 11 am to 7 pm Friday and 6:30 am to 7:30 pm on Saturday.

Friday was really slow from 11 to 2:30. At 2:30 the fish moved in and we got sauger after sauger after sauger, and then a lone walter, and more sauger. We ended up with 4 walleye and 6 sauger we kept on Friday. They were going on pink teardrop jigs for the majority of the fish that day.

Saturday we got out early, but the barometer fell hard over night and the wind was howling. The morning bite was a lot slower than our neighbors had Friday morning. The fish moved through all day, but were loners. Not much for schooling, until the afternoon. Then the saugers came in heavy again, and I caught a ton on a buckshot rattle spoon tipped with a shiner head. I caught all but two that came through on the vex. Probably 20-25 from 3-6. Most were small, but there were a couple 13s that came through.

Overall, it was a great time and we will do the same setup next year. I might try to post up a couple pics tomorrow.

beaverslayer

Polar,

Where were u fishing? I'm heading to Pine Island tomorrow. Did you hear anything good from that area?

polarsusd81

We were fishing just past Pine Island in 25 ish fow. If you haven't been up there before, you are in for a treat. We drove out on Adrian's Road and just followed that up to the food shack on the ice and hung a right. Pretty much all along that area from 22 down to 27 fow were producing while we were up there. If the weather stays consistant, you will find plenty of fish this weekend. Let us know how you did when you get back.

If you don't get on them one day, the next day, it might not be a bad idea to head out a little deeper. Some of the guys in our group also went out to 33 fow and did pretty well in the morning. They got into a lot more sauger in the morning than we did, but with as cold as it was, we didn't feel it was worth the hassle to go out and set up the porty when we had a rented day house warm and waiting for us. We caught nothing but eyes early in the morning in our house up there.

beaverslayer

sounds like a blast. I'll try to post pix monday when i get back.

Thanks a ton.

Brian

beaverslayer

Yeah LOW is always a blast. I got a 30 incher on my wall from last year over off gull rock. I'm hoping I don't get a bigger one. They're spendy.

MrBaz

The best ones are the Pricey ones, fishing off of pine this weekend and hopefully im lucky enough to hook into one of the big ones, fishing is picking up, wishing everyone some good luck