Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YourBobersDown

Baudette

15 posts in this topic

I just found out 10 minutes ago I am going to lake of the woods this weekend and going out of baudette? not sure if it is spelled right. I have never been up there does anyone have any suggestions or a resort to go and get info from. Thanks ahead of time for the info

you gotta through baudette to get to lake of the woods.you wanna stay at a resort??? or just go fishing out of a certain 1?

we are staying in a house in baudette just looking for a place to go out of

It might be tough to find a room or cabin this close to the weekend, but there are a few around. I am going up and staying at Lake Road Lodge. It is a pretty cheap way to go up there, we will be there Friday night and Saturday night and heading back Sunday morning to hit a couple little lakes on the way back. Black F-150. If you see us in the HSO or Ice Leaders hats, say hello. We are planning to fish out off of Adrians road in 28-34 fow depending on the reports we hear from locals upon arrival.

Polar are u the guy from cool cats? your buddy brought the doritos?

well there are lots of places to go out of.i would say zipple or adrians.they both been doing pretty good.

speaking of hats i gotta get 1 of those hso hats.

Nope, wasn't at cool cats, I was harvesting parts for a car from my dad's place. I did stop and fish with my buddy and my son on the way to my dad's though. I really wanted to make it, but couldn't. We put on the baby fmer get together a week before cool cats.

mnhunter, the hats are pretty sweet.

polarsusd81, let us know how you do... I make my way up to Adrians to hit it hard with my portable next Thursday - Monday. I am hoping the progression back to the river is on and I don't have to really head too far out.

Muc, here is my report.

We fished in 25-26 fow from the top of the ice from 11 am to 7 pm Friday and 6:30 am to 7:30 pm on Saturday.

Friday was really slow from 11 to 2:30. At 2:30 the fish moved in and we got sauger after sauger after sauger, and then a lone walter, and more sauger. We ended up with 4 walleye and 6 sauger we kept on Friday. They were going on pink teardrop jigs for the majority of the fish that day.

Saturday we got out early, but the barometer fell hard over night and the wind was howling. The morning bite was a lot slower than our neighbors had Friday morning. The fish moved through all day, but were loners. Not much for schooling, until the afternoon. Then the saugers came in heavy again, and I caught a ton on a buckshot rattle spoon tipped with a shiner head. I caught all but two that came through on the vex. Probably 20-25 from 3-6. Most were small, but there were a couple 13s that came through.

Overall, it was a great time and we will do the same setup next year. I might try to post up a couple pics tomorrow.

Polar,

Where were u fishing? I'm heading to Pine Island tomorrow. Did you hear anything good from that area?

We were fishing just past Pine Island in 25 ish fow. If you haven't been up there before, you are in for a treat. We drove out on Adrian's Road and just followed that up to the food shack on the ice and hung a right. Pretty much all along that area from 22 down to 27 fow were producing while we were up there. If the weather stays consistant, you will find plenty of fish this weekend. Let us know how you did when you get back.

If you don't get on them one day, the next day, it might not be a bad idea to head out a little deeper. Some of the guys in our group also went out to 33 fow and did pretty well in the morning. They got into a lot more sauger in the morning than we did, but with as cold as it was, we didn't feel it was worth the hassle to go out and set up the porty when we had a rented day house warm and waiting for us. We caught nothing but eyes early in the morning in our house up there.

sounds like a blast. I'll try to post pix monday when i get back.

Thanks a ton.

Brian

Yeah LOW is always a blast. I got a 30 incher on my wall from last year over off gull rock. I'm hoping I don't get a bigger one. They're spendy.

The best ones are the Pricey ones, fishing off of pine this weekend and hopefully im lucky enough to hook into one of the big ones, fishing is picking up, wishing everyone some good luck