• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild

maros91

Oh man, what a game to watch tonight! (I hate the Cunucks) Another must win for the wild, oh wait every game is a must win now!! I hope the wild can pull away in the standings alittle. LETS GO WILD!!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• walleyes12

• maros91

• Fishing_High

• Scott K

With Vancouver and Calgary both wining their games last night put the stanings really tight again. Tonight is a big must win, the the rest of the season is just must wins grin.gif.

It would have been nice to have seen the Wild pick up a good player before the trading deadline. Hopefully that doesnt come back to haunt them.

Basically like you guys said every game is a must win. Every one in the division only has division games left so if we lose you know either calgary,vancouver,and colorado will be scooping 2 points it will be another tight finish. Go Wild can't wait for the game tonight.

Finally a road win. And the last period and a half looked like a hard fought and well deserved win.

Backstrom looked good. D looked all right. Too many turnovers in our own zone. Pouliot is looking good also.

If we win tonight, we will be division champs IMO. It will take a leg out from both Calgary and Vancouver knowing that we just came into their house and beat them.

Yea can we beat Calgary though???????? 1-5 or something this year. Time to have someone step up and have a big game against them.

This message is for Martin Skoula: You are not good enough to lead the rush up ice. If you do lead the rush and you lose the puck don't chase the puck aimlessly through center ice and get caught with an odd man rush coming back. Your turnovers are killing the team. There has to be somebody that can play D better than Skoula. mad.gif

Now for the game. Giving up goals in the last minute of a period is a no-no. Giving up a goal in the last minute and the opening moments of the next is a cardinal sin. Pouliot continues to impress me getting 2 goals tonight. Too many juicy rebounds by Harding. We had the goon hat trick tonight. Boogaard, Simon, and Fedoruk all went to battle tonight with Simon really working over his mate crazy.gif. I do like the never-say-die attitude towards the end of the 3rd. The 2 guys I hate for the Flames, Iginla and Phaneuf, killed us. I don't know who I hate more, them two or the Sedin boys. Now we go to the hottest team in the division, Edmonton. Got to get some points and find a way to get Skoula out of the line up.

Exciting game tonight.

My thoughts. Harding will never see the ice again this year. This guy is horrible. I know it's not all his fault but he makes every save look tough and that shorthanded goal was absolutely pathetic. I don't know what he was doing. He needs to find a new career. The other night they thought about bringing him in for the shootout and he was sitting on the bench chatting with some girls in the seats next to the bench.

Now the defense. How can Iginla bang in two rebound goals with basically nobody on him. He's the man and you need a body on him at all times. The turnovers lately have been a big problem also. Lemaire needs to tear these guys a new one because this is killing us.

Our powerplay. It looks like were trying to kill it off ourselves. No continuity or rhythm. Nothing is happening at all.

We created enough chances offensively with hard work and grit but the skill plays just aren't there.

Pouliot looks like he'll be a player. Give him some time to mesh with his linemates and we could have another scoring line.

I love the fact that Boogard, Simon and Fedoruk all dropped the gloves tonight.

Sounds like Sheppard will be back shortly so that may bring a little spark as well.

We just need to tighten up defensively and not turn the puck over and I think we'll be alright. That and get Backstrom back in goal.

Monday night is coming and we will win decisively. Count on it. I don't think Lemaire will let the boys off easy after tonight.

Originally Posted By: Biff Tannen
I do like the never-say-die attitude towards the end of the 3rd. The 2 guys I hate for the Flames, Iginla and Phaneuf, killed us. I don't know who I hate more, them two or the Sedin boys.

I agree, they didn't give up , and that impressed me.

As for the two guys I hate.....it's the Sedin boys.

Iginla and Phaneuf are great hockey players. Each have their own role, but they are top notch.

Not a bad game, much higher scoring than I expected, but it made it a more fun game to watch.

Remember Harding is a back up. He is a back up for a reason plus he hasn't seen the ice in awhile so I will cut him some slack there. I agree with just about everything else you said.

Sheppard was in the line up tonight and has been there all year. You must be thinking about someone else.....

I can not stand watching Skoula he is so afraid of anything that can hit him, he is always turning the puck over and making mistakes.

We got to win the next two, We have been playing Edmonton like Calgary plays us. We have to end this little streak the Oilers have put together and get a little cushion back at the top. That Foster injury hurts us in so many ways he's a good player and now we have to watch Skoula and Hill get his playing time which really hurts the team. Does anyone know when Nummelin is coming back???? Does Lemaire not like him or is he hurt, anyone right now is better then Skoula and Hill turning the puck over every 2 seconds.

Nummelin is soft and to small. He has the talent I think he just doesn't have the heart.

You can't tell me Nummelin could not play better then what Skoula or Hill did in that first period Skoula is so bad.

That was ugly. Nummelin could at least handle the puck but I think they expect physical games in the division and he can't handle it. Neither can Skoula or hill it seams.

Wow! My prediction couldn't have been farther off.

I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH A GUTLESS AND PATHETIC PERFORMANCE. THESE GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. I'm actually feeling like I'm gonna puke just watching this garbage.

I don't understand how you can play like this. Nobody is playing up to snuff. One mistake after another. They don't have the cajones to play this one out. They could just as well give up and skate off the ice to the locker room and not come out for the third period.

I can't believe they just let them skate into the zone and get so deep before they try to stop them.

Skoula looks like he's trying to help the other team. He's a horrible defenseman.

We played a little better in the third and we had our fair share of chances but the first two periods were inexcuseable.

Very ugly game last night, I have never seing a team skate around the Wild how the Oilers did. It looked like the Wild didnt even know a game was being played.

It looked like Gretzky was back in the 1st period. 3 goals in the first 4+ minutes. Oilers skated circles around us. Demitra and Bouchard were out. They better be back Wed. for the rematch. I said it before and I will say it again Pouliot continues to impress me. Calgary laid an egg so that is the only positive from last night.

Originally Posted By: Biff Tannen
I said it before and I will say it again Pouliot continues to impress me.

I agree 100% he reminds of PMB but with a better shot!

Originally Posted By: tisosy11
HAHAHA - 3 goals in 5 minutes and 2 seconds...WOW

I know I was all hyped to watch the game, 5 minutes into it, I changed the channel.

Originally Posted By: walleyes12
Ugly 1st period!! I never seen such horse [PoorWordUsage] defense

shyt first period, first 5 minutes, dang near puked