Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hectoronti

flooded out

3 posts in this topic

I fish dam 15-17 all winter but now the flood has put a halt to that. Thinking about coming up to 4 for the weekend and could use some help on what ramps, close tackle shops and what side of the river to launch on. Also wondering if the cold weather ever freezes your boat access closed. Hopefully up there for the weekend and thanks for any help.

Right now Everts Resort is the only place to launch. Dean will set you up with the hot bait. I can't say enough about his Ringers he has been talking me into. They have clearly put the most fish in my boat so far.

mw

Thanks for the info Mike. I will certainly try some of the ringers and see how they do down here on some of these southern eyes. I'll be up there Saturday morning to brave some of the cold and hopefully some of the eyes.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Early Riser
      The statistics from my journal for the 2016/2017 spearing season have been compiled. I had 21 sits, on 7 different bodies of water across 3 MN counties (Cook, Washington and Hennepin). Average sit was 4.4 hours. Number of pike seen averaged 1.08 per hour. Along with some old favorites, I added some new spots and 3 new lakes to the repertoire and they ended up being new favorites.    I saw, and passed on many pike over 30 inches. I was fortunate enough to have great views of 4 muskies, and more than a few big bass. Interestingly I only saw one walleye, one bowfin and one carp. Those numbers are down.     Here are a few of my pictures from the past season. Not the best quality, but they are from an old LG slider phone.    A trio for the pan and  the days swim team (Johnson red/white and sunfish; Dennis Bertram shiner). Dave Pawlak spear. Larger pike had been attacked by a bigger fish…she was cut up and scaled ahead of the dorsal fin.      Pike, some panfish and a Kraemer 9 tine spear.      I have a few more pictures of some fish n the hole and will try to add them later when I have time. 
    • Big A
      16-18ft Aluminum Boat with 3 people fishing plus gear.   What size trolling motor is needed to keep vertical jig? 55pounds? 100pounds?   What do you use?    Thanks for input/help
    • moneyback2
      fished 2/25 on agency bay for perch.  four guys fished 6 hours and kept 40 perch.  caught alot more little ones    moved around alot
    • metro fisherman
      This ice season  has been in the books on the st croix for about a week now. I ended my year out there with a 50" sturgeon.
    • Cret Jigs
        What is working for 2 fishing buckets, ion auger & Vexlar for walking out on early/late ice?   Appreciate to hear what works for walking out for a hole hopping Crappie freak